Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Holstered SigSauer 320 Discharges

Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    Florida just passed carry for teachers. While I am all for the protection of our schools and students I'm not sure about this one. I am a coach, I work with HS students. Close confines, some kids are handsey.. There needs to be serious training. I am more for dedicated school security guards. I have training, been carrying for years, competitive shooter, some military experience but I'm not comfortable.
    Ironic that FL is also introducing legislature to ban assault weapons, not sure how that makes sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    ...I suspect that a lot of engineers aren’t as smart as they think they are.
    FIFY.

But seriously: after 33+ years of doing this, sometimes you come up with the right technical answer only to be told by Marketing / Management / Beancounters it ain’t gonna happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Florida just passed carry for teachers. While I am all for the protection of our schools and students I'm not sure about this one. I am a coach, I work with HS students. Close confines, some kids are handsey.. There needs to be serious training. I am more for dedicated school security guards. I have training, been carrying for years, competitive shooter, some military experience but I'm not comfortable.
    I’m a Fl resident. I read more about the training required for this program. I’m good with it.

My hope is that it will never have to be used. Which in fact might be one of the under appreciated side effects. I mean, I would not want to go walking without permission towards a US Marine Camp. I’d expect to get my ass shot.

Site Supporter
    Then don’t do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Then don’t do it.
    Thanks for the tip... Would have never thought of that..
    Last edited by 1986s4; 05-10-2019 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    Ironic that FL is also introducing legislature to ban assault weapons, not sure how that makes sense?
    Do you mean this?

https://ballotpedia.org/Florida_Ban_...tiative_(2020)

If so, they are ‘gathering signatures’ not introducing legislation’.

There’s also no chance of that passing if it does get on the ballot.

We might have ‘Florida Man’ and go to family reunions to hook up, but by God we have a lotta guns in Florida.

Site Supporter
    Thanks for the tip... Would have never thought of that..
    Glad I could help, then.

One could make the exact same set of arguments against any armed citizen. Where does one draw the line of "trained enough to satisfy 1986s4" and similar-minded individuals?

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Do you mean this?

https://ballotpedia.org/Florida_Ban_...tiative_(2020)

We might have ‘Florida Man’ and go to family reunions to hook up, but by God we have a lotta guns in Florida.

You must be more informed than I am, just heard this casually... sorry for any confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Introducing legislation to ban this or that is often a political stunt, especially if the sponsor knows there's a snowball's chance in hell of it succeeding.
    They can spin it in their campaign propaganda that they were Doing Something/ Standing Up To Big Whatever, All For the Children, depending on how their intended voters lean.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List