Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Holstered SigSauer 320 Discharges

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    1980s, you can’t carry that 1911 with its single action trigger unless you’re SWAT, due to its light single action trigger, despite having a thumb and grip safety.

2019, here you’re require to carry this gun with a light single action trigger with no thumb, grip, or trigger safety, and oh yeah it might discharge if you drop or bang it.
    So true!

Update:

Officer has been fired. On camera lifting the gun in and out of his holster.

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/r...-middle-school

”According to Nocco, the deputy can be seen on video lifting the weapon in and out of its holster. Nocco says while its still unknown what exactly caused the weapon to go off, he said the deputy's "actions are what caused it."

"Ultimately it comes down to, if you leave the gun in the holster it's not going to go off," Nocco said. "Only one thing caused that gun to go off — it was him," he later added.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff S. View Post
    Update:

Officer has been fired. On camera lifting the gun in and out of his holster.

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/r...-middle-school

”According to Nocco, the deputy can be seen on video lifting the weapon in and out of its holster. Nocco says while its still unknown what exactly caused the weapon to go off, he said the deputy's "actions are what caused it."

"Ultimately it comes down to, if you leave the gun in the holster it's not going to go off," Nocco said. "Only one thing caused that gun to go off — it was him," he later added.”
    And now we know the rest of the story.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Vending Machine Operator
    Hoo boy. People never let ya down.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

How 'bout that.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Well, that matches the story Sig told us. Wonder why it took so long?

Really takes the wind out of some sails here huh........

I haven't seen the video...

But may I opine that merely lifting the gun in and out of holster - though wholly inappropriate - SHOULD NOT cause the weapon to fire.

So we really still don't know if he was dicking with the trigger or if something caught the trigger or if its more "NEIN 320 IST SAFE" stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    I haven't seen the video...

But may I opine that merely lifting the gun in and out of holster - though wholly inappropriate - SHOULD NOT cause the weapon to fire.

So we really still don't know if he was dicking with the trigger or if something caught the trigger or if its more "NEIN 320 IST SAFE" stuff
    Taken from the news story:

"Ultimately it comes down to, if you leave the gun in the holster it's not going to go off," Nocco said. "Only one thing caused that gun to go off — it was him," he later added.

Nocco said the Florda Department of Law Enforcement did independent tests on the weapon and found that nothing was wrong with it.

"There was nothing wrong with the weapon, from the Pasco Sheriff's standpoint to an independent study by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement. There was nothing wrong with the handgun."

According to Nocco, the deputy admitted that he has a bad habit of fidgeting with his gun.

"Our members are trained on our weapons, on proper handling. The actions the former member displayed are nothing that we train," Nocco said. "Every time you use that weapon, you have to remember it is a deadly weapon."

Nocco said from the day of the incident until Wednesday, the deputy was on administrative leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Taken from the news story:

"Ultimately it comes down to, if you leave the gun in the holster it's not going to go off," Nocco said. "Only one thing caused that gun to go off — it was him," he later added.

Nocco said the Florda Department of Law Enforcement did independent tests on the weapon and found that nothing was wrong with it.

"There was nothing wrong with the weapon, from the Pasco Sheriff's standpoint to an independent study by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement. There was nothing wrong with the handgun."

According to Nocco, the deputy admitted that he has a bad habit of fidgeting with his gun.

"Our members are trained on our weapons, on proper handling. The actions the former member displayed are nothing that we train," Nocco said. "Every time you use that weapon, you have to remember it is a deadly weapon."

Nocco said from the day of the incident until Wednesday, the deputy was on administrative leave.

Yea I read that.. but they always said nothing is wrong with these guns.

User Tag List