Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Holstered SigSauer 320 Discharges

Site Supporter

Holstered SigSauer 320 Discharges

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/r...-middle-school

The county police had a holstered discharge of a hard-used Glock 22 some months ago so I am inclined to believe this COULD have happened. Of course, I also feel that way having finished my career with an FNS-9.
    Last edited by jnc36rcpd; 05-01-2019 at 11:22 AM.

I’m curious to whether their P320s were upgraded.

I know from LivePD they run WMLs, but looking at their holsters it doesn’t seem there’s a whole lot of room for a foreign object to work down in to the trigger guard.

Attachment 37717

The details from this ought to be interesting.
    Last edited by HCountyGuy; 05-01-2019 at 11:39 AM.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Teachers to the left of me.
    Students to the right.
    Here I am, stuck with a Sig that goes boom.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

"That’s a deputy. And now they are trying to arm teachers with guns?" Stan Thomas said. "What kind of training are they getting to have a gun go off in a holster? I’m speechless right now. I don’t know."

Stan is an idiot. Having spent 10 years working in secondary education running an IT department I have seen and heard my fair share of "Stan". I'm having a hard time keeping out of the local school district fiasco with arming teachers, but a statement like this kinda riles me up.

Color me skeptical. It just went off without any impact, something in the trigger guard or F-ing with it? It just got mad and decided to fire?

I’ve investigated a number of unintentional discharges and none of them just went off. Maybe 320s are possessed.

Though this is probably human error there was once a case of an officers .357 magnum discharging in the holster back in the 1970's. The round that discharged was NOT the one in line with the barrel! The primer showed no signs of being struck. It blew out the side of the cylinder and damaged the holster but no one was hurt. The officer was walking at the time but did not remember bumping into anything. My guess is that something corrosive like a fleck of battery acid found its way into the powder or at the factory or maybe the primer mixture was over sensitive but no one really knows.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    I’m curious to whether their P320s were upgraded.

I know from LivePD they run WMLs, but looking at their holsters it doesn’t seem there’s a whole lot of room for a foreign object to work down in to the trigger guard.

Attachment 37717

The details from this ought to be interesting.

If it is a 6360 holster , then it’s very easy to get something inside the holster that can pull the trigger. I stopped carrying a 6360 with a WML. With it I could pull the trigger with my trigger finger, never removing the gun from the holster.

I’ve read the 7360 improved on this.
    Last edited by TheNewbie; 05-01-2019 at 01:13 PM.

Not familiar enough with the mechanics of the 320, aside from the whole drop meme thing. Does it have a fully “cocked” striker and dies it have a striker block that prevents the striker from being able to move forward without the trigger being pulled?

That’s a whole lot of wrong needing to happen simultaneously for a gun to discharge. Broken “sear” or spring coupled with a broken striker block.

I’m thinking he either placed his hand on his gun, bumped into the wall or by some other means moved the gun and there was some kind of obstruction in his holster. Either that or the gun wasn’t updated for the better drop resistance thing and he clanged the thing into the wall as he was moving around. Sucks and am glad nobody got hurt. Wonder how many changes of underwear were needed around that lunch room.

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Not familiar enough with the mechanics of the 320, aside from the whole drop meme thing. Does it have a fully “cocked” striker and dies it have a striker block that prevents the striker from being able to move forward without the trigger being pulled?

That’s a whole lot of wrong needing to happen simultaneously for a gun to discharge. Broken “sear” or spring coupled with a broken striker block.

I’m thinking he either placed his hand on his gun, bumped into the wall or by some other means moved the gun and there was some kind of obstruction in his holster. Either that or the gun wasn’t updated for the better drop resistance thing and he clanged the thing into the wall as he was moving around. Sucks and am glad nobody got hurt. Wonder how many changes of underwear were needed around that lunch room.

It's been awhile but I'm pretty sure some those design questions got hashed out in this epic thread although in the original flaw, it took a particular type of impact to defeat the mechanisms.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....highlight=P320
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List