Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm Elated - They Work! (Glock Model 17 Gen4 with LWD Extractors and 30274 Ejectors

I'm Elated - They Work! (Glock Model 17 Gen4 with LWD Extractors and 30274 Ejectors

Three (3) Gen4 Model 17s with erratic ejection.

Serial Numbers PFBXXX, PSRXXX, PMPXXX

All three have Lone Wolf or older OEM (NIB) cast extractor assemblies and the latest 30274 Ejector assemblies.

Ran 500 rounds of drills (yes, those 2" dots are persnickity but I'm hitting them far more consistently now...) through each one over the last two days and extraction was "correct"; ejection was strong and about 4:30 pm relative to my position.

Ammo: Federal 9mm NATO, Federal White Box 9mm, Federal 124 grain HST.

Prior to the change one ran fine with erratic ejection, one ran well with strong, very erratic ejection, the third had very weak, very erratic ejection.

There is a slight difference between the three still but they are all "reliable" thus far. Next week: Another 500 rounds between the three to see if the "good news" continues.

Maybe there is hope after all.... Hope I Can Believe In.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    Three (3) Gen4 Model 17s with erratic ejection.

Serial Numbers PFBXXX, PSRXXX, PMPXXX

All three have Lone Wolf or older OEM (NIB) cast extractor assemblies and the latest 30274 Ejector assemblies.

Ran 500 rounds of drills (yes, those 2" dots are persnickity but I'm hitting them far more consistently now...) through each one over the last two days and extraction was "correct"; ejection was strong and about 4:30 pm relative to my position.

Ammo: Federal 9mm NATO, Federal White Box 9mm, Federal 124 grain HST.

Prior to the change one ran fine with erratic ejection, one ran well with strong, very erratic ejection, the third had very weak, very erratic ejection.

There is a slight difference between the three still but they are all "reliable" thus far. Next week: Another 500 rounds between the three to see if the "good news" continues.

Maybe there is hope after all.... Hope I Can Believe In.
    3 is a lot of glocks!, But you know what they say, 1 is none, 2 is one, so 3 must be 2!

We are diminished
    M -- Not trying to rain on your Hope & Change, my friend, but just be aware that many problematic gen4 9mm Glocks only become problematic after a couple thousand rounds. It is an expensive proposition to test one enough to pass that danger zone.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    M -- Not trying to rain on your Hope & Change, my friend, but just be aware that many problematic gen4 9mm Glocks only become problematic after a couple thousand rounds. It is an expensive proposition to test one enough to pass that danger zone.
    I hear that.

My Gen4 17 was problematic early on, before the 30274 ejector, but made a trip to the mother ship for upgrades and repair and came back running 100%.

~12-14,000 rounds later it's now throwing 1 in 2-300 round back in my face, literally right between the eyes.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by mizer67 View Post
    ~12-14,000 rounds later it's now throwing 1 in 2-300 round back in my face, literally right between the eyes.
    Have you changed the recoil spring in that 12-14k?

I do have other recoil springs and I'm contemplating cutting a coil and running it to see how they run, then cut another to simulate a worn recoil ass'y spring.

Question: when the issues occurred has anyone narrowed the issue down to RSA, extractor or...

Thanks, guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice writeup, MJOLNIR!
    #RESIST

Ftdr: danger zones can be entered, but never passed.

More on topic, would it be worth "upgrading" parts on a gen4 or late gen3 Glock 9mm if it's been reliable for over 2K rounds but with erratic ejection?
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Have you changed the recoil spring in that 12-14k?
    Yes, I'm on my third.

Quote Originally Posted by mariodsantana View Post
    Ftdr: danger zones can be entered, but never passed.

More on topic, would it be worth "upgrading" parts on a gen4 or late gen3 Glock 9mm if it's been reliable for over 2K rounds but with erratic ejection?
    That's how two of the three of my Gen4s were (but with 1/2 the rounds thru them as yours).

I hated the occasional "dribbler" and one out of 250 rounds one would fly, seemingly in a straight line, into my face.

The parts upgrades are cheap.

I also noticed a "heavily" scored MIM extractor on two of the pistols. I replaced one with a Lone Wolf Extractor and the other two were cast (no mold line) extractors with the proper face chamfer (i.e., identical geometry as the current MIM part).

I am curious about the White Sound HRED assembly and will work this into one of the pistols to see how it works. I wish I had more time and a range worthy of visiting in the immediate area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List