Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: First "Snub" Revolver

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    Something else I'm having to figure out is how to go from muzzle up (unloading) to muzzle down (loading) without muzzling the folks on my right or adding unnessicary movement.
    Michael de Bethencourt’s reload does not muzzle folks to one’s left or right.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by FrankinCA View Post
    Sorry but I have to laugh out loud... I bought a snub too. Few years back, I bought a SW 640 Pro. I figured , I need a good J Frame. Then, I bought a 649 in 357. Saw Dagga’s post, and I knew I needed one.

Last purchase was a Kimber K6. So Snubs are as addictive as nicotine. Good luck, hope your bank account holds out...
    Guy tried to sell me one. I heard about Kimber 1911 issues (MIM-ber) and stuff, heard nothing about their revolver, but recalled a post here on P-F about it. I passed, but it did seem kind of interesting. Has it worked out for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    The best lefty reload is Michael de Bethencourt’s right-handed reload, which starts with both hands together, on the weapon, almost mirror-image positions of each other. Yes, I said that a lefty should use Michael de Bethencourt's right-handed reload. End the reload with the weapon in the right hand, and if necessary to fire immediately, fire right-handed. I am not kidding.

Think about it: During this reload, the left hand is handling the speedloader, Slow Strip, or loose rounds, so is doing the heavy lifting, from a dexterity point of view. Yes, the “right-handed reload” actually favors the dexterity of the left-handed person. The right-handed reload favors the dexterity of the left-handed person.

As for firing right-handed, immediately after the reload, well, again, think a moment. The need to fire immediately indicates a very-close-range shot. Very-close-range shooting is not a demanding skill, and the efficiency of keeping the weapon in the right hand, at that rushed moment, trumps precision accuracy, in my opinion. It firing immediately after the reload is not necessary, then, transfer the weapon carefully to the favored hand.

Lastly, train out of this handedness thing. There should not be a “weak” hand, with snub-guns, at close range. I can understand the desirability of maximizing long-range accuracy, by shooting with one’s better hand.

I am a left-handed person. I chose to carry “primary” on my right hip, in 1983 or 1984, for several practical reasons, when I was training to become a police officer. So, carrying my snub-gun, as a second gun, in a lefty holster, was not for purposes of “weak hand” access, was it?
    I'll try it out. I do want to be ambidextrous though I find it harder to do as many presses with my right hand
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

Hi Jay, I only have about 100 rounds through it. I’ve got about 250 through the other ones.
    It has a nicer trigger pull, one more round and the grip is pretty comfortable.
    I’ve shot +P and no issues. So far I’m pretty satisfied. I have read about firing pin breakages due to dry fire, so it’s recommrnded to use caps.

Best
    Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    Been practicing with it for a while, and something I didn't realize about revolvers is:

They're fun!
    Aren't they though?

Put 100 rounds of .38 through this GP100 Monday working over the various steel plates in the background. It's quickly becoming my favorite handgun, period.

Good choice on the SP. I can't decide for my next revolver if I want to go down the 3" SP route or pick up one of the GPs in .22LR.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

@Jay585 How is the revolver journey going?
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    @Jay585 How is the revolver journey going?
    Ahhh, honestly it's at a full stop. I'm still interested and still shopping (there's a S&W 15-4 I really want to get) but haven't actually shot my SP101.

I've kind of replaced my shooting hobby with weight lifting/fitness for the time being.

EDIT:

Kind of like those cardio/strength blocks, this might be a "self defense block".

Pistols
    Fitness
    Martial art
    Long gun
    Blade
    Last edited by Jay585; 06-03-2019 at 10:33 AM.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

Gym takes top priority for me as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

User Tag List