Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Road rage - when to get out of your vehicle?

Re: motorcycles: get away, and off the X. He who runs and rides away, gets to ride another day.

Re: getting out of the car in any road rage incident: forget that. Getting out of the car to bump egos with some random guy is like going out of your way specifically to have unprotected sex with Gaetan Dugas, despite the historical hindsight. Why?

Unless your car is on fire or under fire, per some previous posts, I’m just not seeing any win to be had there.

I will be back with a germane link to a thread in ‘unarmed combatives’ just as soon as I have a chance to post the fresh story over there...
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by whomever View Post
    It's a sad commentary on human nature that none of the witnesses could be bothered to call in and report the guy.

I've stopped a couple of times for accidents I witnessed where the people involved were telling very different stories. The officers involved seemed to enjoy having a disinterested witness.
    In most states it doesn't matter. The insurance companies just pay out cross claims.

Road rage - when to get out of your vehicle?

Good job @JackR. It sounds like you avoided what could have been a much worse situation. A local guy I know got in a fender bender on the highway, and when he stopped to exchange insurance info, the other driver started his vehicle and crushed him against his own car, then tried to ram him again, but was stopped when my guy drew his CCW and shot the other driver through the windshield.

If it doesn’t seem safe, don’t stop. Personal safety >> personal property.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 06-13-2019 at 02:21 PM.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

“Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Site Supporter
    Two l.e. friends were subjected to road rage when driving unmarked cars. Each time the idiot was angry that the other person was driving the speed limit and would not increase speed. Boy, did the two idiots get a big surprise.

My opinion is that any civilian who carries a firearm has an obligation to defuse such situations even if it is something as simple as not looking at the other person. Said another way, don’t antagonize.

Did we do this one yet?
    Name:  NEVER GET OUT.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  25.3 KB
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by ubervic View Post
    Much wisdom here.

Years ago, I made the conscious decision to avoid all negative actions, gesturing and posturing while driving. This means that I slow down and open the way for aggressive drivers who seek to cut in or cut off others abruptly. I no longer stare at slow drivers as I pass them when they finally yield and move out of the left lane. I never flip the bird or make similar gestures. I pretty much just, well, drive. This behavior mode has definitely lowered my relative blood pressure and has likely helped me avoid a few, um, unwanted interactions.
    I think this is what could be called "acting like an adult." It is distressingly rare.
    Last edited by mc1911; 06-14-2019 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Did we do this one yet?
    Name:  NEVER GET OUT.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  25.3 KB
    Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    Amen!
    He just wanted some mangoes.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

In Philly, first one out a the car gets arrested. At least that's how it was. Will have to ask my son if the present administration has changed that.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

User Tag List