Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Road rage - when to get out of your vehicle?

CCW Safe had an article by Steve Moses regarding "road rage" today. Worth the read for the reinforcement...

If you are over 40 years old, you probably have heard the old saying: “It takes two to Tango.” If not, allow me to explain. The Tango is a well-known dance that requires two persons to move in relation to each in a mutually agreed manner. Done properly, the Tango is a beautiful dance that has captivated fans of dance since the 1800s. Done poorly, it is still the Tango. Done without participation by both parties, it is no dance at all.

The saying “It takes two to Tango” has become a common idiomatic expression that means a situation with negative connotations in which participation by more than one person is necessary. An example of this might be a conflict between two persons stemming from an action known as “Road Rage.” Merriam-Webster defines Road Rage as “a motorist’s uncontrolled anger that is usually provoked by another motorist’s irritating act and is expressed in aggressive or violent behavior.”

I have read many articles offering advice on how to deal with another motorist that is displaying signs of anger and attempting to engage us in further interaction. Or in other words, the raging motorist wishes to Tango. Of course, we don’t want that, but did we perhaps unintentionally send a message that we did?

Some people believe that respect is one of the most important things in the world, and some instances worth dying or going to prison. Others are perceived to display extreme disrespect by not submitting to their actions. They may become perpetually angry as a result. Imagine a time when you were angry in the last year, and then think what it must be like to exist in that same state of mind almost all of the time...
    Last edited by blues; 09-10-2019 at 05:26 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Last year, we were going south on I-95 to New Haven. That stretch of road is two lanes, each way.

I was driving a Honda CRV. I was passing a solid line of trucks and cars in the right land. Sumdood in a small souped-up Asian sedan (I think they're called "ricers") came up behind me and sat on our bumper. In the rearview, I could only see the back part of the car's hood. I was doing about 73mph in a 65 zone.

I sped up to about 75-77 until I got to a place were there was room to pull over into the right-hand lane. I signaled and moved over. When the ricer passed by, exhaust blatting, the driver served slightly into the right lane, like he was trying to bump me. I stayed steady, figuring that I had over a thousand pounds on him.

I didn't do a thing, no flipping the bird, honking or light-flashing. The phone was by me, for I'm told if I hit the power button five times quickly, it'll call 911.

And, if things went pear-shaped, I had a Detective Special...
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List