Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Middle of the Road Pistol Light that works

Middle of the Road Pistol Light that works

I've been looking at the Olight lights as they seem to be a good value. . the Valkyrie Pro and PL2 as welll as the mini. What do you all think? Is the rechargeable battery worth it? I was planning on using it on a CZ P09 but might use it on my AR. Would the pressure switch work well for that? or should I look at something like the Streamlight TRL-7 or 9? Is there a durability difference? I've got a lot of questions as I'm new to the flashlight thing. Any advise would be immensely appreciated.

Site Supporter
    Streamlight’s TLR-1 HL seems to be the best intersection of quality/reliability, functionality, and price. Knowledgeable users seem to recommend these when pricing precludes purchasing the Surefires. From the limited experience I have (admittedly none with Olight) other less expensive brands don’t last that long when shooting a lot or lack the output.

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    Streamlight’s TLR-1 HL seems to be the best intersection of quality/reliability, functionality, and price.
    Also since they are popular holster compatibility is more probable.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Buy an X300 U and use your saved energy and worry to focus on other things.

Target ID isn’t a place that middle of the road belongs.

For me rechargeables are trash. Becuase like your phone it will either always be at 41% or plugged in and that is shit for a weaponlight.

Site Supporter
    Grabbed one on a whim at a cheap price, selling it.

Have 3 TLR-1HL's that perform great. Have a couple Cloud Defense lights that are amazing on carbines.

If the Modlight pistol light is going to get molded by some makers, I'll be selling off the TLR-1HL's as well.

I have a few TLR-1's and I have been happy with them. Those and X300's are the only lights I have personal experience with.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    Grabbed one on a whim at a cheap price, selling it.

Have 3 TLR-1HL's that perform great. Have a couple Cloud Defense lights that are amazing on carbines.

If the Modlight pistol light is going to get molded by some makers, I'll be selling off the TLR-1HL's as well.
    You get what you pay for.

I've used TLR-1s for years and haven't killed one yet. My Agency now issues them.

Surefires may be a bit more durable but If momentary switching is a requirement the switching on the TLR-1 is better than the SF.

Site Supporter
    TLR-1 on the nightstand gun, TLR1-HL on the carbine. Surefire carry lights. Why mess with something else?

Site Supporter
    I'd agree on Streamlight. Depending on your holster and carry preferences, you would be good with the TLR-1 HL. If that is too bulky for you, the TLR-7 would be an option.

You would not go wrong with Surefire, of course, but at greater cost.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Happy user of TLR-1s here.

User Tag List