Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone here EDC a Ruger LC9 or LC9s?

Anyone here EDC a Ruger LC9 or LC9s?

Enquiring minds want to know. TIA.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Lightweight Compact 9

We have used an LC9 as EDC over the years. We still use one for short-term EDC.

Site Supporter
    Not anymore. I carried an LC9s Pro as a BUG for about 4 months.

I carried it mostly in my front pocket (I can wear cargo pants or shorts most of the time). Occasionally on my ankle, although it was a little heavy for that (~20 OZ loaded, IIRC).

I had a couple of FTL's that I traced to a bad magazine that Ruger replaced.
    Last edited by SiriusBlunder; 04-30-2019 at 12:44 AM. Reason: removed un-needed life story details

I had one for a while, intended as a secondary carry gun (something smaller than the P320 I had at the time).

However, I could not shoot it well (I do much better with a G43) and I had multiple malfunctions caused by my thumb riding on the slide release and either keeping it from engaging on the last round, or engaging at random. I wanted to like it but it just didn’t work out.
    "Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." - R. A. Heinlein

Site Supporter
    I've seen a bunch of LC9's and EC9's with problems. Failures to feed, failures to extract, failures to eject. I haven't dug into the why. I make sure they are lubed and that the stoppages aren't user induced and if it continues (always has with these guns) I give the student a loaner gun to finish class with and recommend they buy something that doesn't suck. I would no-shit carry a Hi-Point before I carried an LC9.

My LC9s works just fine. The DAO trigger is so smooth and light that I do engage the thumb safety.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

I have an LC9, it has never malfunctioned and I've shot it a lot. I carried it some but found that it's easier to carry a 642 revolver, especially in a pocket. The 642 is smaller and lighter weight. The LC has fired everything I've put in it. Factory, handloads, hollowpoints, cast semi wadcutter, all without a hitch. I did have to file a little clearance on the firing pin where it rubbed the safety plunger but that was not a functional problem.

I’ve had a LC9S for a couple years. It’s my go to carry gun. Far better than its predecessor, the LC9. I carry it with the extended 9 round magazine primarily in a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster loaded with 150 grain Federal HST micro hollow points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have an EC9 that I carry sometimes. Seems good enough. Nothing special but pretty small and it works.

I have an Lc9s

I have an Lc9s for when I want something smaller than my G19. The Ruger only has about 750 rounds through it, but so far it’s been reliable and accurate if I do my part. Great trigger, just need to get my grip more consistent.

User Tag List