Thread: PX4C holster question (Comp-Tac Int'l) - Comp-tac didn't know

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand

PX4C holster question (Comp-Tac Int'l) - Comp-tac didn't know

TL; DR - I called Comp-tac and they don't know if a PX4 will fit in an International made for a PX4 full size. Does anyone here know? What about the general principle - will a Px4C work in a PX4 full size holster?

Backstory - I have Comp-tac Int'l for my 92 LTT Elite - I got the one made for the 92A1 and it works fine with the LTT for USPSA. I have been toying with the idea, though, of using a PX4CC for all gun games, IDPA and USPSA and maybe speed steel if i try that, due to the fact I actually carry a Px4CC every day.

Thanks for any experiences. Of course I know I could just buy one and see, I'd just rather not unless that's the only option.

Site Supporter
    I don't know about the Comp-Tac, but I've used my PX4CC in full size PX4 holsters.

Data point 1: Wilson Combat Low Profile II leather pancake holster. Either I ordered wrong, or WC shipped the full size by mistake, but the PX4CC works just fine in it.

Data Point 2: Safariland ALS. Did NOT work with the PX4CC, at least out of the box. In my case, there was insufficient clearance along the top edges of the slide. I removed a couple patches of the suede liner near the rear sight, and then used a heat gun to slightly expand the lower half of the holster. It only needed a little clearance added to make it go from being completely jammed up, to working great.

From the above, it's apparent that the slide fit on the two guns is close, but not quite the same. If the Comp-Tac is molded tightly, it might be a problem, but I don't think it'd be very difficult to work around.

So I guess the question is, do you own a heat gun?

ETA: The older Comp-Tac's I've used all had an adjustable tension grommet, which might provide enough adjustability to make things work without reforming anything. If you like the Int'l, I'd say go for it.
    Last edited by Dave J; 04-29-2019 at 05:24 PM.

If memory serves, from when I did a small batch of concealment holsters... shells fit to the full-size should fit the compact, but shells fit to the compact won't fit the full-size even if they're open at the muzzle.

I think the International will do you fine.

(I have a few curiosities about Dave J's Safariland example, but I'd have to have it in front of me to really articulate the idea...)
    Jules
    Runcible Works

The problem I believe is that the PX4 Compact has a slide stop lever on the right side of the frame as well (ambi slide stop). The compact frame above the trigger has a little protrusion where the right side slide stop lever inserts into. Even on the PX4CC with the Langdon changes, the tiny protrusion on the frame is there even though the slide stop lever has been replaced on that side with a little plug. Not sure if this would be enough to interfere with fitting into the full size holster.

User Tag List