Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Drawing Attention Away From Your Concealed Carry Gun (Written by: Greg Ellifritz)

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    It wouldn’t surprise me a bit if he turned out to be a cross dresser in his free time.
    Greg? That would be one ugly, stout cross dresser.

I was thinking about the Polish-American character Walter Kowalski today, and then I remembered this thread.

Here's the scene:

Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    I was thinking about the Polish-American character Walter Kowalski today, and then I remembered this thread.

Here's the scene:

Great movie, but not following what this scene it has to do with this thread. I must be missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by ubervic View Post
    Great movie, but not following what this scene it has to do with this thread. I must be missing something.
    It's the pipe wrench.

Sorry, I assumed that everybody has watched the movie (and thus the longer scene). In the longer scene, Walt was driving in his truck when he witnessed his neighbor being detained by some street thugs, so he retrieved a large pipe wrench, stuck the pipe wrench in his belt, and then confronted the thugs while open-carrying the pipe wrench.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggerf16 View Post
    Hawaiian Shirt.
    They'll never suspect I'm carrying...

In all seriousness, though, good stuff in the article, and definitely some good food for thought.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    Sarcasm, or is this dude the equivalent of James Yeager or something? I don't instructor-worship the dude, but sometimes the things he writes has a factor in what I do. Is this a mistake?
    IDK about the cross dressing deal - he puts out a lot lf good stuff but he is a cop in a small, quiet, low crime suburb and sometimes get out of his lane or is critical of LE in circumstances other than his which seems to come from a somewhat left / progressive bent.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    IDK about the cross dressing deal - he puts out a lot lf good stuff but he is a cop in a small, quiet, low crime suburb and sometimes get out of his lane or is critical of LE in circumstances other than his which seems to come from a somewhat left / progressive bent.
    Gotcha.

For a while I was worried I fell into the Yeager pit again. I'm embarrassed to admit, when I was first getting into self defense pistol stuff, I listened quite heavily to Yeager (and Suarez). Then I found out that apparently the two aren't maybe the best people to take advice from and I moved on.

Anyway, thanks for the response!
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    Gotcha.

For a while I was worried I fell into the Yeager pit again. I'm embarrassed to admit, when I was first getting into self defense pistol stuff, I listened quite heavily to Yeager (and Suarez). Then I found out that apparently the two aren't maybe the best people to take advice from and I moved on.

Anyway, thanks for the response!
    Yeager did a good video on securing things in your vehicle on a budget and another one on OODA loop. Beyond that......

My dog Bismark looked like a arctic grey wolf. He was not friendly but a very kind dog. Most people just backed up. No one every paid much attention to me. I live in south Florida so I am trying to start a fashion fad. A hoodie with the sleeves cut out. I am retired and like to fish. Sometimes I have been cleaning fish and the smell keeps the 1911 pretty well hid...lol

I guess if you had a really hot looking wife that would work also. Standing around with a acoustic guitar tends to cover a good many sins, just sayin!!

Fun subject actually

Cheers,

Billy

Quote Originally Posted by Planobilly View Post
    I guess if you had a really hot looking wife that would work also.
    In my experience, a hot girlfriend or wife is just as apt to cause trouble as not. YMMV.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

User Tag List