Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Drawing Attention Away From Your Concealed Carry Gun (Written by: Greg Ellifritz)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by STI View Post
    First graders are the right height to take an AIWB slide to the forehead if/when they get a little physical...
    I was standing in the hallway at church one day talking to a friend of mine and some random kid (7 or 8 YO) that I've never seen before and never saw after that ran up to me in the hall and slapped my gun and ran away.

If I hadn't looked at my friend and asked him did that just happen I would question it to this day

Quote Originally Posted by VT1032 View Post
    Dude, so learned this one the hard way a few days ago... I brought my 1.5 year old to a petting zoo and picked her up so she could pet some alpacas. Right as I pick her up she latches onto me shirt and drags it up with her, giving a whole busload of Canadian tourists who had just pulled up a prime view of my G43... Needless to say we were done with the alpacas and found somewhere else to be.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    The struggle is real..

I routinely wear black undershirts, black holster, black gun, so maybe it can act like camouflage if my shirt was pulled up.

Children are always an unpredictable factor and those of the AIWB height seem to be more so than other ages. Golf shirts are pretty much a casual wear uniform in this part of the world and so ubiquitous, especially in warm weather (basically three season) as to allow one to blend in seamlessly. Non-gun ball caps are also very common, come in bright colors and much more likely to been seen on grown men that hoodies in Georgia. Although I can see how they would be useful I confess I own a total of zero hoodies. I just don't see how they fit into my lifestyle as a non-teenager (I need a grumpy old man emoji for this).
    Instagram @JuryTrialJedi

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Hence the reason I carry strong side at home.
    LL, are you carrying strong side all the time? Or strong side at home, and a different method when not at home? I have an 18 mo. old, and AIWB at home is less than ideal for a few reasons already mentioned. I've considered strong side at home, but am concerned about an inconsistent draw.

Quote Originally Posted by DocSabo40 View Post
    LL, are you carrying strong side all the time? Or strong side at home, and a different method when not at home? I have an 18 mo. old, and AIWB at home is less than ideal for a few reasons already mentioned. I've considered strong side at home, but am concerned about an inconsistent draw.
    The latter. I never really train with strong side so I'm not too worried about the draw.
    #RESIST

My son was in a head-butting phase for a little bit. Know what stopped that? Nailing his forehead on a Glock 19 carried AIWB.

In my experience, carrying strong-side was worse for printing when chasing my son around. Bending or squatting usually made the grip rather prominent.

Georgia weather excludes hoodies as an option for 10/12 months. Even these days I’m miserable in a t-shirt (wearing a tank top underneath so my gun won’t agitate my skin). I’ll still throw a loose button-up on for the weekends though.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    My son was in a head-butting phase for a little bit. Know what stopped that? Nailing his forehead on a Glock 19 carried AIWB.

In my experience, carrying strong-side was worse for printing when chasing my son around. Bending or squatting usually made the grip rather prominent.

Georgia weather excludes hoodies as an option for 10/12 months. Even these days I’m miserable in a t-shirt (wearing a tank top underneath so my gun won’t agitate my skin). I’ll still throw a loose button-up on for the weekends though.
    Lucky.. I was not AIWB when my son (not quite 5) was head butting. BAM! Head butt to the stones two days after my vasectomy. Blew out all my stitches. Another reason for appendix carry...

pat

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I'm not buying that the "apex predator" is going to be "fooled" by your bright t-shirt triangle. The 99% that we apparently don't care about might, but actual predators do target selection and are pretty good at it. The strung out addict and/or soccer mom we don't care about aren't going to check your waistline, watch your body language, notice how aware you are of your surroundings, etc. The truly dangerous criminal will and will select targets based on risk / reward. Remember that most of these folks grew up with violence. Their house was violent. Their neighborhood was violent. Their school was violent. Learning what preceded violence and violent people looked like was an early developed survival skill for them, which is why they are almost always better at it than younger cops. The cops that get hired today have often never been in a physical fight in their lives and while the academy will start them along the path of what to look for only experience will ingrain it.

While I agree with the concept of "concealed is concealed", and I also agree that more fabric makes hiding a gun easier, I disagree that "drawing the eye" is going to matter to someone who knows to scan you.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I'm not buying that the "apex predator" is going to be "fooled" by your bright t-shirt triangle. The 99% that we apparently don't care about might, but actual predators do target selection and are pretty good at it. The strung out addict and/or soccer mom we don't care about aren't going to check your waistline, watch your body language, notice how aware you are of your surroundings, etc. The truly dangerous criminal will and will select targets based on risk / reward. Remember that most of these folks grew up with violence. Their house was violent. Their neighborhood was violent. Their school was violent. Learning what preceded violence and violent people looked like was an early developed survival skill for them, which is why they are almost always better at it than younger cops. The cops that get hired today have often never been in a physical fight in their lives and while the academy will start them along the path of what to look for only experience will ingrain it.

While I agree with the concept of "concealed is concealed", and I also agree that more fabric makes hiding a gun easier, I disagree that "drawing the eye" is going to matter to someone who knows to scan you.
    Real talk.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post

Word.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

User Tag List