Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Drawing Attention Away From Your Concealed Carry Gun (Written by: Greg Ellifritz)

Drawing Attention Away From Your Concealed Carry Gun (Written by: Greg Ellifritz)

Drawing Attention Away From Your Concealed Carry Gun

"There are a lot of folks who say that deep concealment of your carry pistol isn’t necessary. Those folks will tell you that people aren’t very observant and that most of the humans you encounter as you go about your daily life wouldn’t notice if you were open carrying a bazooka."
    https://www.activeresponsetraining.n...se+Training%29
    Last edited by Robert Mitchum; 04-29-2019 at 11:47 AM.

Saw that. Sensible stuff, but mostly applicable just to AIWB carry.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Quote Originally Posted by SAWBONES View Post
    Saw that. Sensible stuff, but mostly applicable just to AIWB carry.
    Not necessarily. Anything that draws eyes away from belt line can help. Gun position is irrelevant... well unless you put your distraction device where your gun rides.

Hoodies are great! Except in TX where it gets cold for like 3 hours a year.

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Not necessarily. Anything that draws eyes away from belt line can help. Gun position is irrelevant... well unless you put your distraction device where your gun rides.

Hoodies are great! Except in TX where it gets cold for like 3 hours a year.
    You can leave your fly open, create a distraction and ventilate all at the same time. (You're welcome.)

I read the article this morning as well. Makes some good points but let's face it, it's always going to be a challenge in warm / hot weather...which is when a J frame or small auto really shines (for those of us who can wear our shirts outside our pants).
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    You can leave your fly open, create a distraction and ventilate all at the same time. (You're welcome.)
    Dude. You got some dried egg yolk on your retired chin. From yesterday. I strongly suspect you intend the distraction for your full time 20 something college student care giver.

Getting people to call the cops on the open fly Silver Alert guy is the opposite of low profile...

Sorry. You put it up there, so I swung....

pat

Great article, some things in there I never really considered... and I really want that gray Baja-style hoodie he's got.

Anyone got a lead?
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    Dude. You got some dried egg yolk on your retired chin. From yesterday. I strongly suspect you intend the distraction for your full time 20 something college student care giver.

Getting people to call the cops on the open fly Silver Alert guy is the opposite of low profile...

Sorry. You put it up there, so I swung....

pat
    I actually used the open fly, shirt pulled through the zipper, acting like a mentally challenged individual selling subscriptions for something or other to get a bad guy to open his door and give me a peak inside the residence before we served a warrant.

Hey, use what works.

(Gonna have to give the dried egg yolk technique a spin. I like the idea of the college student care giver...if it's a female of my choosing. )
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    ... (for those of us who can wear our shirts outside our pants).

...and that's the whole problem with AIWB CCW for a significant fraction of us.

In professional dress, an untucked shirt, or indeed anything covering the center-front of the body, is often out of place.

Yes, a pullover sweater, or a buttoned sport coat or suit coat can work some of the time, but not in warm weather.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Hawaiian Shirt.
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post

Now that is funny.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

User Tag List