Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PCC That Takes M&P Mags, Seems Like An Opportunity for S&W

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I'm thinking a slightly undersized drill bit, 2 or 3 holes drilled in a vertical line then some file work.
    I was thinking two holes the width of the notch, then you just have to remove the material between the holes and then square up the corners.

Or this may be the project that makes me see if the HF vertical mill I was given actually works.
    I was thinking this would be the project that would get me to finnaly BUY a tabletop mill.
    - Ruger PCC, $475
    - Table Top Mill, $500-$1000
    - Donor M&P Mags, $23ea
    - Having a carbine that accepts magazines from your $400 pistol? Well, not exactly priceless, but kinda cool

Then again I never officially graduated from WECSOG so maybe I should stay in my lane...
    I didn't even know what WECSOG is and had to look it up, so where does that leave me?!?!?

I picked up my carbine this evening and after spending a short time studying and looking, I think 92 mags are going to be doable with the same mod as the M&P mags.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I was thinking two holes the width of the notch, then you just have to remove the material between the holes and then square up the corners.
    The holes are going to have to be vertically stacked because the actual mag catch is vertical. That's why the Dremel jockey cut the way he did. I kind of thought that was the case looking at the hole in the Ruger mag on the vid but I wasn't sure until I had the carbine in hand.

I didn't even know what WECSOG is and had to look it up, so where does that leave me?!?!?
    Hopefully not having done some of the "gunsmithing" I've done in the past. I can think of a Mauser and a Martini Cadet that were rebarreled with barrel vises and "receiver wrenches" made from stuff I had on hand because I was too cheap and impatient to order the correct tools. Then there was the S&W .455 HE frame that I picked up cheap to build myself a .45 Colt S&W that I bent during a barrel test fit because I was too cheap and impatient to order the correct tools. I left it too high in the bench vise when tried to turn it that last bit and I managed to spring the frame.

Name:  angryjeter.jpg
Views: 448
Size:  23.2 KB
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I think 92 mags are going to be doable with the same mod as the M&P mags.
    The holes are going to have to be vertically stacked because the actual mag catch is vertical.
    It would seem like the only really crucial position would be the top of the slot? It could be a little wide, it could be a little long, but the top of the slot has to be in the right location. Probably can square up the tops of the factory mag and scribe some lines.

Hopefully not having done some of the "gunsmithing" I've done in the past.
    … barrel vises and "receiver wrenches" made from stuff I had on hand because I was too cheap and impatient to order the correct tools.
    … I left it too high in the bench vise when tried to turn it that last bit and I managed to spring the frame.
    I think somewhere on P-F there might be a picture of a guy, possibly with initials that start with the letter "M", who had a M-69 with a slightly canted barrel, that concocted a clamp and wrench arrangement out of lumber...

It would seem like the only really crucial position would be the top of the slot? It could be a little wide, it could be a little long, but the top of the slot has to be in the right location. Probably can square up the tops of the factory mag and scribe some lines.
    Yes, the top should be the key. The factory mag has a vertical slot that's about 1/2" tall and maybe 1/8" wide and I think the closer I can stay to that the happier the mag will be because that's also about the size of the piece on the mag catch that actually holds the mag in place. I was surprised to see it set up that way, I was expecting something to key in from the side using the mag catch holes from the pistol.

I think somewhere on P-F there might be a picture of a guy, possibly with initials that start with the letter "M", who had a M-69 with a slightly canted barrel, that concocted a clamp and wrench arrangement out of lumber...

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Having seen the process though, I'm looking forward to seeing if a B92 mag can be modded.
    Having now done the process, I can say I don't think it's worth the effort when Glock mags are so stupid cheap. There's only a small window between the correct height to properly feed and the bottom of the ejector (at least I think it's the ejector).

I modded one Mec-Gar 15 round magazine. It was hard to get the right seating depth without impinging on the ejector. It hand fed a couple of dummies and I tried it at the range yesterday. It sort of feeds but doesn't lock in very well. The lock up can be (probably) be fixed with some more file work, getting the correct height for proper feeding is going to be outside of my current skill set.

For me, I'd be time and money ahead to either wait for a B92 mag adapter or just biting the bullet and stocking up on Glock mags. Which really isn't a bad idea anyway...

Just to confirm, you didnt try an M&P mag, correct?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

User Tag List