Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PCC That Takes M&P Mags, Seems Like An Opportunity for S&W

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    I found this M&P 9mm magwell adapter for AR15's today
    Thank you for this!! If I could build a second lower and reliably move my upper it would be pretty good. Now I have something else to yearn for..

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    A M&P adapter for the Ruger PCC would be awesome.
    It looks like it just takes a simple slot to be cut and they lock into the Ruger mag well. If I would get the wants for one I would probably alter a few of my M&P mags.

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    I found this M&P 9mm magwell adapter for AR15's today: https://getstern.com/mag-admp9-40-p320/

The same company also sells Glock 9mm, Beretta 92 and M&P45 magwell adapters for AR15's.
    These adapters really have me on the fence about buying the Ruger or building an AR9. With 3 adapters I can run my B92 mags, the Glock or M&P9 mags the boys have (the oldest is an M&P guy, the youngest is a Glock guy and I'm probably about to become an M&P guy again) or 320 mags if they become inexpensive and plentiful. The down side is I can buy the Ruger for the cost of the 3 adapters but I'm having a hard time convincing myself it's not a huge downside.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    These adapters really have me on the fence about buying the Ruger or building an AR9. With 3 adapters I can run my B92 mags, the Glock or M&P9 mags the boys have (the oldest is an M&P guy, the youngest is a Glock guy and I'm probably about to become an M&P guy again) or 320 mags if they become inexpensive and plentiful. The down side is I can buy the Ruger for the cost of the 3 adapters but I'm having a hard time convincing myself it's not a huge downside.
    My AR9 is one of the best things I did that I didn't think I wanted to do. If you shoot pistols at steel plates being able to run the same drills on the same plates is awesome. Someday I might get a Ruger, but thinking more of a takedown neat thing that could take my M&P mags.

The adapters are really interesting to me but pretty expensive. I have a Colt pattern CMMG that is running great, I am somewhat tempted to maybe put together a second lower that I could slide under my current upper. In my past experience the things do not just drop right in, you might start with one and try it before you set your expectation that you will pull one out and swap it. As cheap as lowers are right now it might be simple enough to have a three lowers. Maybe get one of the PSA guns for the Glock mags, then maybe a second lower for the M&P.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Someday I might get a Ruger, but thinking more of a takedown neat thing that could take my M&P mags.
    Just following this train of thought, what about one of those takedown barrel nut assemblies for ARs? IIRC the one I've looked at in the past was something like Dolos Pantheon (Parthenon? something like that) but my ADD kicked in and I went on to some other project before really digging into them.

Combined with something like a Law folder, it would make a compact (if slow to deploy) package.

I've done the AR9 thing in the past, both rifle and pistol versions. As fun and useful as they can be, I don't know why I keep selling/trading my way out of them.
    Last edited by awp_101; 05-22-2019 at 07:31 AM.

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Just following this train of thought, what about one of those takedown barrel nut assemblies for ARs?
    Yes, there are some cool options out there. I am not really in need of something takedown, just that learning that the Ruger would take tweaked M&P mags moved it from the category of:
    Don't Need One / Don't Want One / Wouldn't Buy One If It Was A Deal
    to
    That Would Be Cool! / I Am Going To Put That On The List Of Wants!

Understand the list of wants is long, very long, and this is a new addition, there are lots of things ahead of it. But if I tripped over a deal I could buy one next week. Sorta like the day I was at a gun show to sell something to get the funds to buy an optic I wanted for my AR, and after I sold whatever it was I went to the one vendor I thought might have an Eotech and bought a Super Blackhawk instead. A 5.5" stainless SBH with Simply Rugged leather for $350, the optic had to wait

I've done the AR9 thing in the past, both rifle and pistol versions. As fun and useful as they can be, I don't know why I keep selling/trading my way out of them.
    I was reluctant to get one, but it turned out to be the most fun thing I didn't want, ever!

ETA: If you do transition to the M&P you could cover you and your sons with the Ruger, swapping between the Glock and tweaked M&P mags.
    Last edited by mmc45414; 05-22-2019 at 01:37 PM.

Yes, there are some cool options out there. I am not really in need of something takedown, just that learning that the Ruger would take tweaked M&P mags moved it from the category of:
    Don't Need One / Don't Want One / Wouldn't Buy One If It Was A Deal
    to
    That Would Be Cool! / I Am Going To Put That On The List Of Wants!

Understand the list of wants is long, very long, and this is a new addition, there are lots of things ahead of it. But if I tripped over a deal I could buy one next week.
    So a funny thing happened on the way to the hardware store yesterday...

I didn't know M&P mags could be modded until your post so I started looking around and found a vid and that really made it more interesting to me. Yesterday I needed to go to the hardware store and decided I'd make the rounds of my usual gun shops to see what sales might be going on for the holiday weekend. The last shop also happened to be where I have a rifle on consignment. Right after I came in he told he'd sold the rifle so I looked around and he had 1 more NIB PCC in stock, $475. Now he has zero. I'll bring him the remaining balance and pick it up Tuesday.

Sorta like the day I was at a gun show to sell something to get the funds to buy an optic I wanted for my AR, and after I sold whatever it was I went to the one vendor I thought might have an Eotech and bought a Super Blackhawk instead. A 5.5" stainless SBH with Simply Rugged leather for $350, the optic had to wait
    I'dve been hard pressed to pass on that SBH deal as well and I'm not a .44 Mag guy.

So a funny thing happened on the way to the hardware store yesterday...
    Sweet, I love a successful enabling

I didn't know M&P mags could be modded until your post so I started looking around and found a vid and that really made it more interesting to me.
    Which video did you find? The one I saw was pretty crude, but it made me understand it could be done, but I would go about it differently. The one I saw was the one with the Dremel cut off wheel.

I'dve been hard pressed to pass on that SBH deal as well and I'm not a .44 Mag guy.
    Yeah, that was the epitome of being dynamic and flexible, as to not pass up a smoking del.

Which video did you find? The one I saw was pretty crude, but it made me understand it could be done, but I would go about it differently. The one I saw was the one with the Dremel cut off wheel.
    This is the one I found, probably the same one you did:

Yes, I can think of a better way to do the conversion than a 1"+ Dremel cutoff wheel...

Having seen the process though, I'm looking forward to seeing if a B92 mag can be modded.

This is the one I found, probably the same one you did
    Yes

Yes, I can think of a better way to do the conversion than a 1"+ Dremel cutoff wheel...
    Yeah, no shit. I admire his stones for figuring this out, but... I think two holes that get the top corners squared of and the space between removed somehow.

Having seen the process though, I'm looking forward to seeing if a B92 mag can be modded.
    Hmmm....

Yeah, no shit. I admire his stones for figuring this out, but... I think two holes that get the top corners squared of and the space between removed somehow.
    I'm thinking a slightly undersized drill bit, 2 or 3 holes drilled in a vertical line then some file work. Then again I never officially graduated from WECSOG so maybe I should stay in my lane...

Or this may be the project that makes me see if the HF vertical mill I was given actually works.

User Tag List