Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PCC That Takes M&P Mags, Seems Like An Opportunity for S&W

PCC That Takes M&P Mags, Seems Like An Opportunity for S&W

I like my M&Ps, have a significant number of them, and have no desire to migrate to another striker gun.
    I have a CMMG 9mm AR that uses Colt pattern mags I really enjoy.
    I am envious of my friends who have 9mm ARs that take their Glock mags.
    I think Wilson makes an AR that takes M&P mags, but it is $1800 and I am not that envious.
    S&W does not make a 9mm AR.

That just seem like a peanut butter and chocolate kinda opportunity for S&W...
    Last edited by mmc45414; 04-29-2019 at 08:23 AM.

I think your best option in the short term would be an M&P magwell for the Ruger PCC. A couple seem to be in development.

Nordic components makes one that will take Glock or M&P mags by changing the magwell adapter. The ones I have seen shooting PCC run well.

Name:  Nordic PCC.jpg
Views: 6230
Size:  65.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I like my M&Ps, have a significant number of them, and have no desire to migrate to another striker gun.
    I have a CMMG 9mm AR that uses Colt pattern mags I really enjoy.
    I am envious of my friends who have 9mm ARs that take their Glock mags.
    I think Wilson makes an AR that takes M&P mags, but it is $1800 and I am not that envious.
    S&W does not make a 9mm AR.

That just seem like a peanut butter and chocolate kinda opportunity for S&W...
    The Wilson AR9 was introduced in an M&P format but I haven’t seen it on their website in several months. I assumed they cut it due to lack of sales.

Quote Originally Posted by shakazulu12 View Post
    Nordic components makes one that will take Glock or M&P mags by changing the magwell adapter. The ones I have seen shooting PCC run well.

Name:  Nordic PCC.jpg
Views: 6230
Size:  65.6 KB
    I’ve heard good things and am super interested in this but they’re very hard to find in stock lately. I have seen one place selling the M&P variant with the last few days but it’s been a while since I’ve seen the Glock version available, also making me wonder about how long it’ll be in production.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    I think your best option in the short term would be an M&P magwell for the Ruger PCC. A couple seem to be in development.
    I was thinking more specifically AR, but that might be interesting, being the break down and all.

Quote Originally Posted by shakazulu12 View Post
    Nordic components makes one that will take Glock or M&P mags by changing the magwell adapter.
    I wasn't aware of the Nordic, or I had forgotten.

But I should have added that my idea here is based around the typical M&P AR being around $500. The exotics are cool, but was thinking more like "Gee, it sure would be neat if S&W made a 9mm AR that took their own mags for about the same price they sell their 5.56 AR for". Could be that at current prices they don't care how many they might sell...

Same page. Would love an AR (or the ruger) that takes M&P mags
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post

But I should have added that my idea here is based around the typical M&P AR being around $500. The exotics are cool, but was thinking more like "Gee, it sure would be neat if S&W made a 9mm AR that took their own mags for about the same price they sell their 5.56 AR for". Could be that at current prices they don't care how many they might sell...
    That actually makes a whole lot of sense.

I found this M&P 9mm magwell adapter for AR15's today: https://getstern.com/mag-admp9-40-p320/

The same company also sells Glock 9mm, Beretta 92 and M&P45 magwell adapters for AR15's.

A M&P adapter for the Ruger PCC would be awesome. As for that AR platform with the changeable mag wells ... sadly, that will have to wait for a post-retirement move.

Ets should have M&P mags in 17,22,33 (not sure on the last 2 sizes) in June. Just an FYI
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

User Tag List