Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Rex Delta

Quote Originally Posted by shane45 View Post
    My vp9 took about 150 rounds to settle in with ball ammo. So I guess that would take it off your acceptable list?
    Depends. I don't normally like making blanket statements like that unless I'm getting paid to rabble-rouse. If you had a VP9 that wouldn't reliably feed well made FMJ from a reputable manufacturer, I'd say yeah, that's a problem. If you had a VP9 that wouldn't feed your FMJ reloads? I'm blaming the ammo.

Nope, quality factory ammo. 2 different manufacturers. I see it all the time with just about every manufacturer. Lots of reasons. No big deal in my eyes. Sometimes its the finish used. Cerakote sometime needs that burnishing. Sometimes its the protective lube used in shipping that wasnt cleaned off first, and sometimes it just needs that initial kick. After that then there may be a mechanical issue. Brand new 4k 1911. FTE FTE FTE. Had a bad spring. New one installed. GTG. It happens. I dont care who the manufacturer is. The individual pistol always needs vetting because a human made it. But I dont dismiss it if it stumbles at the very beginning as I have experienced it with just about every brand at some point.

You're at 204 rounds with 18 failures, if I read everything correctly. If I were in your shoes, I'd give it another 294 rounds to see if it gets better. In the meantime, I'd:

-store the pistol with the slide locked to the rear. On cheaper pistols, this has settled down the recoil spring which may help with the feeding issues
    -store the magazines loaded. This may smooth out the presentation of the ammo at the top of the stack and help with feeding issues

Or just send it back.

Good luck!

I’d send it back. Given the crowded playing field of quality polymer framed, striker fired 9mm handguns, I see little reason to tolerate an unreliable example.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    i get nervous if a handgun has >3 malfunctions in the first 1k rounds, let alone 18 in the first 204. I'd ditch it. Opinion worth what you paid for it.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    Semi-automatic pistols ostensibly designed for personal protection that don't feed HSTs out of the box are a no go for me, dawg.
    Ditched a g4g23 for this reason (among others).
    Last edited by Nephrology; 06-02-2019 at 08:01 AM.

@Zimmer81, any updates?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    @Zimmer81, any updates?
    Thought I’d give it one more run before calling.

June 15

31 rounds in total, all using the 15-rd mag
    15 rds PMC 124gr - good
    16 rds HST 147gr - 2 failures to feed (rounds 7 and 16)

So I called FIME Group on June 17, they said send an email with all the details and they’d get back to me with RMA # to send it in. It would be at my expense to send it, their expense to return it. Sent follow up email June 20. Still waiting to hear.

I’m pretty sure I sent it to the exact email address he gave me but it wouldn’t be unheard of for me to lose something in translation so I don’t want to throw any shade about that just yet. I’ll follow up with another call this week.

Please let us know how it goes. I have an Arex Rex Alpha and a Rex 01 Compact. As such, I am interested in the service provided by the American importer.

@Zimmer81

Any luck on getting your pistol fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by john c View Post
    @Zimmer81

Any luck on getting your pistol fixed?
    Long story short:

Communication wasn’t . . . seamless.

But, I finally got my RMA about two weeks ago. At my cost to send it back. Work has been crazy and I haven’t had a chance yet to send it back.

User Tag List