Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rex Delta

This is great information. The fact that it fits G19 holsters and takes XD sights means there's a built-in aftermarket.

I'm intrigued to hear how it shoots.

Is the striker pre-cocked 100%, or is there a portion of the rearward travel that's part of the trigger pull?

Also, how much are magazines?

Quote Originally Posted by john c View Post
    I'm intrigued to hear how it shoots.
    You and me both.

Is the striker pre-cocked 100%, or is there a portion of the rearward travel that's part of the trigger pull?
    Tying in to my inability to assess manufacturing quality, I'm too dumb when it comes to anything mechanical to figure out the pre-cocked 100% question. Here's what I can say (and illustrate):

If it's cocked (trigger is "live"), the red thingie at the back the striker is visible, just inside the rear of the hole in the back of the slide.

Name:  7A96A619-0DCC-4FE3-866C-3051A5A02BAF.jpeg
Views: 834
Size:  37.9 KB

After pressing the trigger while dry firing and before racking slide (trigger is "dead"), the red thingie at the back the striker is not visible.

Name:  4120DA38-39DF-4BBE-AE25-6C32CC640BF0.jpeg
Views: 853
Size:  25.4 KB

You've racked the slide, the trigger is "live," and the red thingie is visible just inside the rear of the hole in the back of the slide. Pressing the trigger causes the red thingie to start moving backwards out of the hole (see below). Not much, but enough to feel it very distinctly, and it won't escape the hole and the trigger won't move rearwards if your thumb is over the hole. In contrast to, for instance, the VP9, where the red thingie at the rear of the striker can't be felt when pressing the trigger and placing your thumb over the hole does nothing to impede trigger movement.

Name:  FEBE7A17-7BBD-4337-94B8-DC4A8A2D9D49.jpeg
Views: 818
Size:  41.1 KB

Also, how much are magazines?
    I read somewhere they'd be about $30. The Rex and Alpha mags are $26.50 on the K-Var site. I emailed K-Var the other day to see when they expected to have mags in stock, the reply was early summer as they are still waiting for some customs approvals.
    Last edited by Kanye Wyoming; 05-02-2019 at 09:20 AM.

Thank you for the info and the pictures. It definitely looks like this is a Glock-like partially pre-cocked striker. I appreciate the effort it takes to take the pictures, upload them, and add comments.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    Well, for starters I would say don't have the "improved" model made in Slovenia, because oh yeah, when I think quality manufacturing, I think a tiny country in the Balkans. In all seriousness though, with the bevvy of options in configurations presented by the pistols listed above, I have a hard time believing that not a single one of them is serviceable for you needs and you're forced to turn to a completely unknown manufacturer. New pistols mean: no performance history, no aftermarket support, and frequently no factory support when the gun inevitably breaks.

Slovenia isnt in the balkans. Its a very modern country in the heart of central europe.

Quote Originally Posted by MrInox View Post
    Slovenia isnt in the balkans. Its a very modern country in the heart of central europe.
    I think you might be confusing Slovakia, which is in the heart of central Europe, and Slovenia, which used to be part of Yugoslavia, borders Italy and Croatia and is at the western end of the Balkans.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

was their goal to build a prop gun for a blockbuster sci-fi movie??

Crash Test Dummy Collision #2 -- Saturday, May 4

Initial cleaning and light lube. Tried out the four different backstraps (S, M, M/L, and L), settled on M/L. Put rough Talon grip tape on right side.

Intended to install an extra set of Sig Night Fisions I have, on the theory that the Delta is supposed to take XD sights, and XDs supposedly take Sig sights. However, the rear dovetail is a hair too wide and the rear sight just slides right through. So I put the original rear sight back on.

Range - 84 rounds in total - 52 MEN 124gr, 15 HST 147gr, 17 Winchester 124gr NATO.

Teething pains - 7 failures to feed - 2 with MEN, 3 with HST, 2 with Winchester.

Trigger - measured it at 6 lbs on average. The wall is appreciably stiffer than what I’ve become used to on, say, the G19 or VP9. I think I may come to like it, but I’ll need to become more accustomed to it. I noticed a few times that the safety tab on the trigger was a LITTLE rough on the trigger finger, but that may have been my finger placement, and may be resolved by switching backstraps.

Accuracy - not on par, at least not yet, with VP9 or VP9SK (see photos from 10 yds, at moderate pace), but that’s with me shooting it and needing to get used to the trigger. Groupings (I should say “groupings”) a bit to the right are not the gun’s fault, they are mine — as mentioned above I removed and then put back the rear sight, but apparently I didn’t line it up exactly and will have to adjust.

Feel - very nice, and solid with the grip tape on the right. One of the attractions of this gun was its thinness, but it may just be a little TOO thin for some people. It doesn’t quite fill up your hand like a G19, VP9 or VP9SK. Has more of the feel of a G43X.

Recoil - sharper than a G19/VP9, likely because of how light it is. But not as sharp as, say, a PPS, which I had at one point but traded.

Initial conclusion - shooting-wise and feel-wise, it’s not a seamless substitute for a G19 or VP9SK. Assuming the FTFs are just teething pains, I would characterize it as a high capacity PPS, with similar light weight, similar concealability due to its thinness, a trigger that’s not dissimilar, and even to the protrusion of the rear of the striker when the trigger is pulled that serves as the functional equivalent of a Gadget.

Attachment 37825

Attachment 37828

Attachment 37829

Site Supporter
    Was the FTF all with the same magazine?

Quote Originally Posted by Brianjkeene View Post
    Was the FTF all with the same magazine?
    No, 4 were with the 15-round mag, and 3 with the 17-round mag.

Crash Test Dummy Collision #3 -- Saturday, May 18

Took her out for another spin this past weekend. Another 75 rounds, all using the 15-rd mag except as noted:

• 10 rds MEN 124gr - 1 failure to feed.
    • 10 rds MEN 124gr (17-rd mag) - 2 failures to feed.
    • 10 rds HST mix of 124gr and 147gr - 4 failures to feed. Oh boy, guess I’m gonna get to see how good their customer service is.
    • 10 rds American Eagle 124gr - good.
    • 10 rds HST 124gr - good.
    • 15 rds HST 124gr - good.
    • 10 rds AE 124gr - good.

Hmm, 45 consecutive trouble-free rounds. Maybe it just needs some breaking in? We shall see.

I need more time with it to get used to the trigger and the feel, but it’s starting to grow on me a little. The target here is representative of how I did as I started to become more accustomed to it. Not super duper but not all that much worse than what I normally see from that distance with, say, the VP9SK or P30SK.

Name:  fullsizeoutput_faa.jpg
Views: 742
Size:  49.1 KB
    Last edited by Kanye Wyoming; 05-22-2019 at 08:28 AM.

User Tag List