Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rex Delta

Rex Delta

Rex Delta was just released. 9mm, 15 + 1, same height as a Glock 19 but shorter, a wee bit thinner and even a bit lighter, $479 MSRP.

Name:  2DA9FA5D-B249-4747-9A72-A479C7E444E4.jpg
Views: 2015
Size:  37.8 KB

Name:  452F19A5-D54D-41B9-9BC0-EC3D89B22A22.jpg
Views: 2044
Size:  42.9 KB
    https://fimegroup.com/rex-delta/

Other Rex pistols seem to have gotten very good reviews over the past few years and the early pieces on this one are positive, although so far they seem mostly to be of the “I’m here at SHOT show and here’s an exciting new gun” variety.

If this one pans out on reliability and as a shooter, though, lighter, shorter, thinner and cheaper than a G19 seems like a winning combination.

I don't disagree. But I think these are geared for the foreign market. In parts of Europe, G19s are $650-700. If this pistol comes in at $500, they'll gain market share in a way that it won't in the US. G19s are what, $550? You'd go with this pistol over a G19 for $100? Considering my investment in holsters, mags, etc, this wouldn't make sense.

On the other hand, if this thing shoots like a PPQ, then I could see some traction.

I'm glad we have some choices in the market, and hope that someday, someone knocks Glock off the post, but for now a lot of people are going broke trying. I appreciate companies like this, because they force Glock to come out with the Gen 5.

Quote Originally Posted by john c View Post
    I don't disagree. But I think these are geared for the foreign market. In parts of Europe, G19s are $650-700. If this pistol comes in at $500, they'll gain market share in a way that it won't in the US. G19s are what, $550? You'd go with this pistol over a G19 for $100? Considering my investment in holsters, mags, etc, this wouldn't make sense.

On the other hand, if this thing shoots like a PPQ, then I could see some traction.

I'm glad we have some choices in the market, and hope that someday, someone knocks Glock off the post, but for now a lot of people are going broke trying. I appreciate companies like this, because they force Glock to come out with the Gen 5.
    Excellent observations. For me, the attraction wouldn't lie in the $100 savings, although I'd take it. It would be the slight but potentially decisive weight and slimness edge.

For the good of the order we need to convince some idiot who has a few hundred bucks burning a hole in his pocket from selling a pistol he wasn't shooting much, who is already ammo'd up through the summer and well beyond, and who can resist everything but temptation, to be the crash test dummy, order one of these to be delivered later this week instead of saving the money for something he actually needs, and then report back on his findings in due course.

I'm your idiot.

Cool. Please keep us posted on how it shoots.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by john c View Post

Given all the hoops one has to jump through in Europe to buy a gun no way I would buy one of these to save $200 if I was over there.

The poly striker marker is flooded. End of story.

Site Supporter
    I looked at the one pistol they had in the country at SHOT (the gov't shutdown was pretty rough for firearm importers). It's an interesting pistol. The trigger and ergos were very good, and the striker can be blocked with the thumb while holstering. I didn't have enough time to get over to their booth last week to see if the production guns have equal trigger quality to the one pistol they had at SHOT.

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    the striker can be blocked with the thumb while holstering.
    Yes, for sure? That would be a nice bonus. Hard to tell but it seems like it’s just a striker indicator as on the VP9.

Site Supporter
    Ho hum....
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

I would like to know what hallucinogenic drug a person would have to be taking in order to bypass all of the following pistols:
    • Glock 19
    • Sig P320
    • HK VP9
    • M&P 2.0
    • Beretta APX
    • Walther PPQ

and buy one of these instead. Because those must be some VERY good drugs.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer81 View Post
    Yes, for sure? That would be a nice bonus. Hard to tell but it seems like it’s just a striker indicator as on the VP9.
    The striker protrudes more than the other cocking indicator guns I've used. It seemed possible to prevent the gun from firing by keeping pressure on the striker. Not as good as a hammer or Glock with SCD, but still usable.

User Tag List