Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stuck with a Vaquero for a week

Could be worse..you could be stuck with a Hi-Point for a week..

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    Or without a gun (that you are competent with), see rule # 1

Much as we condescendingly tend to treat Hi Points, every account that I've read about them over the years (and there hasn't been a lot, but still...) indicated they were reliable and durable, despite being, shall we say, aesthetically challenged (AKA butt ugly).

Best, Jon

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    Much as we condescendingly tend to treat Hi Points, every account that I've read about them over the years (and there hasn't been a lot, but still...) indicated they were reliable and durable, despite being, shall we say, aesthetically challenged (AKA butt ugly).

Best, Jon
    I can’t be the only one to have ever seen one jam. Several times in less than 200 rounds. A couple of them bad, required 3-4 hands to get running again.

Would not. Hard pass.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    I can’t be the only one to have ever seen one jam. Several times in less than 200 rounds. A couple of them bad, required 3-4 hands to get running again.

Would not. Hard pass.
    Likely induced when attempted to load with Colt 45 Malt Liquor as opposed to .45 ACP....

Or perhaps the user was loaded with the Colt 45....?

Yep, couldn't resist.....My bad.

Seriously, I defer to your personal observations, as mine have been 3d party from articles read in the past.

Best, Jon

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Can't resist....

If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Likely induced when attempted to load with Colt 45 Malt Liquor as opposed to .45 ACP....

Seriously, I defer to your personal observations, as mine have been 3d party from articles read in the past.

Best, Jon
    I did see a video online once where they tried to blow one up..I don't think they were sucessfull. At one point they had loaded a case full of rifle powder, even that did'nt blow it up..(didn't help it any, either) I was suprised, that thing took alot of abuse, that would've killed alot of better made pistols, and it kept firing..Impressive? Yes..Would I buy one? No. Still, I guess it would be better than a sharp stick...
    Last edited by ralph; 04-30-2019 at 02:47 PM.

Site Supporter

Best, Jon
    I’ve read the glowing articles, and seen the videos, and heard the RUMINT. But the ones I’ve seen fired have not been impressive.

9mm, too, so there’s really no excuse. My KT P11 9mm I bought when I was too broke to afford anything else ran through 3-4K rounds while I owned it, no jamming or cycling errors or even a misfire. Even euthanized a crippled deer on the side of the road with it. Of course, a hard knock to the slide lost me the milk jug plastic rear sight ($2 to replace, IIRC), and it would rust wherever the “finish” wore through. But it always cycled and fired.

Wish I’d done a true 2k round test on it. Wouldn’t shoot one that much now.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Can't resist....

That's a classic!! Thanks, I needed a good laugh..

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    I’ve read the glowing articles, and seen the videos, and heard the RUMINT. But the ones I’ve seen fired have not been impressive.
    Some gun writer had a video that, in essence, said that if one couldn't afford to buy a Glock, a M&P or a Beretta, but could afford a gun priced like Taurus or SCCY, to get a Hi-Point and put the difference in price into practice ammo.

The name will, no doubt, come to me after the one-hour editing window closes.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List