Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Caleb reviews the 4566

Site Supporter

Caleb reviews the 4566

Good review of the 4566 by Caleb, aka forum member @jetfire .

Sometimes I wish the 4566 and Gen 3 style guns were being made by someone.

There's a gunshop that has one of these listed on Armslist for maybe a year for $500. But it's about a 3 hour drive and they won't ship. If I knew for sure it was a decock only I would have drove up by now. I don't call or email to confirm because if I think it's a safety version I can make due with just my 4506-1 and my 4006 CHP.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    There's a gunshop that has one of these listed on Armslist for maybe a year for $500. But it's about a 3 hour drive and they won't ship. If I knew for sure it was a decock only I would have drove up by now. I don't call or email to confirm because if I think it's a safety version I can make due with just my 4506-1 and my 4006 CHP.

How’s the recoil of the 4006?

I wonder if SW could support the 4006 as it was more recently in production.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    How’s the recoil of the 4006?

I wonder if SW could support the 4006 as it was more recently in production.
    Not bad. The heavy 4006 tames the recoil nicely.

I doubt it. People have asked S&W this and they said it just depends on what breaks and what parts they have left. 4006 CHP's are common and cheap right now so getting 2 or 3 might no be a terrible idea if you're really in love with the platform and want to shoot it a bunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

I carried a 4566 for several years on patrol. Worked great, as did the 5906.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

I think the West Virginia State Police were the last group to get an S&W TDA auto, the 4566 TSW, which was in 2011.

https://www.policemag.com/348403/sw-...y-patro?page=2

I think that was a good 10 years after they stopped commercial production.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    My P220 SBSS keeps me from needing a 4586. I like it even more for that.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

When a mass of those 4566 Tactical police trades appeared on the market a few years ago I was looking through some at a LGS who had at least a dozen in the case and found one of the ultra rare 4563's (alloy frame version of the 4566) in the middle of the batch, and snagged it for $379. Installed the decock only lever and removed the rail so it would fit my old 4566 leather. No plans to ever let that one go!

I gave my 4563 to a friend when he retired.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    I think the West Virginia State Police were the last group to get an S&W TDA auto, the 4566 TSW, which was in 2011.

https://www.policemag.com/348403/sw-...y-patro?page=2

I think that was a good 10 years after they stopped commercial production.
    The gun in the video is actually one of those WV State guns. They have been turning up on the secondary market in little bits here and there. I found this one at a local gun shop who didn't know the difference between this and a regular 4506 and had $450, so I bought it on the spot.

User Tag List