Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Magazine pouch solutions for skinnier people

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Here is my set up: custom IWB kydex mag pouch as seen on left in bottom picture next to modified Cane and Derby PIC holster.
    White shirt worn as pure courtesy to the viewers, no one really wants to see that anyway.
    My stats: 5' 0", 125 lbs, 28" waist, 22" inseam.
    I feel real bad for normal sized people who cant find the perfect spot for an LCP.....In regards to the IWB mag pouch, I went to a local knife shop (they usually have kydex) and had them make a pouch to sit in the desired position. I provided the Comp-Tac belt clip
    That is pretty sharp! And that (bold) is pretty good. Point well made!
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I recently picked up a pair of Kobleson Leatherworks Minimum OWB mag holders for a Sig P226 and am giddy as a school girl. They offer the best blend of concealment and speed that I have found to date. He is discontinuing them April 1 though, so they won't be around much longer.

Before I tried the Kolbeson puches, the speediest concealment mag pouch I have tried is the CCC BMC. I love the grip the CCC pouches let you get on the mag, but as a skinny guy (5'11", 160lbs) they do not conceal well at all. The bottom of the mag pouch sticks out away from the belt and there is a good bit of space between the mag and my body. That makes for a wicked fast reload, but not so great concealment.

The Raven mag pouches conceal fantastically well, but the amount of kydex at the front of the mag keeps you from getting a good grip on it out of the pouch. At least for me, I was more prone to fumble a reload with the raven pouches. They also have a large footprint on the belt, which can be an issue for skinny guys.

The Kobleson pouches hold the mag tight against the body like the Raven gear, but offer a similar profile to the CCC BMC. There is little kydex in front of the mag with lots of mag hanging out to grab on to, which gives you fantastic purchase as you grab it from the pouch. They also have a solid belt loop molded into the pouch. I have always had terrible luck with any kind of kydex clips. I manage to break them in short order.

I generally have one pouch at around 10 o'clock and one around 8 o'clock. If I only carry one reload, it is at 10 o'clock.

Thanks for the details 98. I am going to give those minimum OWB pouches a go.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

My preference is for a CCC BMC or a Comp-Tac mag pouch for most people because they conceal well for most people and are a little easier to get on the mag. I will be looking into that Safariland pouch as well. Pancake kydex pouches will be better to conceal for anyone as they are pulling in on the mag from a wider base but you loose belt real estate but that may only be an issue when training, not when carrying.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Site Supporter
    This is off topic, but might I suggest that the title of this thread be changed to read "skinnier people" instead of "skinner people"?

"Skinner" is slang for "rapist", FYI.

Site Supporter
    I like the ReadyTac Pro Grade mag pouch and the CCC BMC. I wear them at 9 o'clock. I used to wear them at 10:30 or 11:00, but my likelihood to fumble the reload much greater because of the magwell angle.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    This is off topic, but might I suggest that the title of this thread be changed to read "skinnier people" instead of "skinner people"?

No idea what your taking about.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BOM View Post
    No idea what your taking about.
    Cause you're too slow

Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post

Phrasing?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

There was a thread earlier that discussed the kytex single mag pouches that look pretty low profile. Any feedback on these for concealed carry or are they more competition or range use appropriate?
    www.kytexgear.com

User Tag List