Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you do this without a Batman Utility Belt?

How do you do this without a Batman Utility Belt?

I have to admit that I have had a CCW for a while, but rarely carried or trained. I’ve gone through some life changes, and I’m now actively losing weight and carrying a gun every time I walk out the door, as well as finding the time and resources to go out and shoot and find some good training. I’ve got great holsters that are working well and some great belts. Now, the trouble isn’t carrying my gun, it’s all this other crap that I’m trying to stuff in my pants: tourniquet, flashlight, pepper spray, knife, spare magazine, phone, wallet... How do you all manage to carry all this “stuff” on a daily basis and remain comfortable and not look like your some crazy shoplifter with crap coming out your pockets.

I would love to hear or see pictures of how everyone is carrying all of these support items on them daily. For example, I bought one of those ankle wraps to carry medical supplies, but it is the most uncomfortable thing ever and rubs my leg raw. A CAT tourniquet seems the most difficult of all the items to keep on me, but I feel it is perhaps the most important thing to carry.

Quote Originally Posted by CLaw View Post
    A CAT tourniquet seems the most difficult of all the items to keep on me, but I feel it is perhaps the most important thing to carry.
    SWAT-T or TK4 seem more common for EDC TQs

Site Supporter
    Due to life I run everything in my pockets and it is sub-optimal.

Compromises and lots of figuring.

Keys are on a lightweight climbing carabiner with a Raven Workshop Keygrip, clipped to a belt loop.
    Folding knife in back right pocket, I prefer carrying a fixed blade but compromised
    Bandana in back right pocket
    Two spare magazines - 19’s in BFG pouch on a Raven Pocketshield, in front left with iPhone 7+ and chapstick
    Glock 26 in 5 shot leather pocket holster, 5 card wallet in right front - breaks up outline and doesn’t mess with draw
    Medical supplies in Ryker nylon ankle holster - thing is awesome but is a no go with muck boots

Flashlight and Pepper Spray are come and go for me, sometimes drop the 2nd mag for those.

I would love to hear or see pictures of how everyone is carrying all of these support items on them daily. For example, I bought one of those ankle wraps to carry medical supplies, but it is the most uncomfortable thing ever and rubs my leg raw. A CAT tourniquet seems the most difficult of all the items to keep on me, but I feel it is perhaps the most important thing to carry.
    What ankle "wrap" did you buy? I have been using a Ryker Nylon AFAK for at least 2 years with zero issues. It molds onto your ankle after wearing it a few times to the point that you don't even notice it at all. There are cheaper options but you get what you pay for. As far as all the other gear goes, only you can decide what is truly necessary. I'm guilty of not always carrying an extra magazine, flashlight, knife, ect but medical gear IMO is a necessity especially when carrying a gun.
    Last edited by Kram; 04-28-2019 at 10:23 AM.

Tac Med Solutions Ankle Holster on one ankle with CAT. NAR ankle med kit on right with hemostatic gauze, gloves, pressure bandage with tq pouch removed on the other. Probably the lowest profile setup I've managed to figure out.
    Last edited by Yute; 04-28-2019 at 10:31 AM.

Site Supporter
    Average day - pick pants that accommodate stuff and a strong belt. PLUS Perry Suspenders - crucial.

1. Glock OWB on one side, extra mag on other. The holsters are Galco M7X Matrix, clip on and off OWB. Used for years for carry, class and competition. Never had any trouble with them. They are compact and easy to use.

2. A Delica in right front pocket, one in left rear (why do - from Insights knife class where you may not be able to reach just one). Rear for the left as the front pocket is for keys, money, etc. On the key chain, there is a Photon light.

3. Right rear pocket - SAW-T and a Surefire smaller light. E1D Defender. Rounded the squared edges on the light to avoid it eating my pants.

4. OC, depends on the weather, if I have a jacket on, in a jacket pocket. With cargo pants, in a pocket. I like to wear cargo pants until the wife protests. Are they shoot me pants, even 5-11s? So many people wear cargo pants that I doubt it.

5. BUG - once in a while. Usually a J frame or G42. Yeah, I know I should have one but ...

I don't find this oppressive to carry. The suspenders make all the difference.

I don't.

Simple answer.

I don't carry everything I should carry.

My first aid kit(s) are in my daily carry bag, car, home, and office. They are comprehensive and include multiple TQs, but I don't carry a TQ on my person. I should, but I don't.

Everywhere I have these: https://www.adventuremedicalkits.com...ot-swat-t.html

For the car, office, and house I have one of these in each place: https://www.adventuremedicalkits.com...damentals.html

For my bag: https://www.adventuremedicalkits.com...t-aid-2-0.html

I'm kinda lazy in dealing with FAKs and buy the AMK setups, to keep it simple. I like the general organization and contents of the kits and merely add a few bits and pieces for myself (extra benadryl, gloves, and an epipen for my bag-based kit).

A CAT tourniquet seems the most difficult of all the items to keep on me
    A CAT is probably the most difficult type of tourniquet to carry discretely. The wide windlass retaining loop and all that velcro...

I flat fold a SOF-T and stick it in my back pocket, personally.

I don’t carry near as much as I should. I do commercial HVAC install and service. Normally wear dickies and a tucked t shirt in the summer. That setup doesn’t lend itself well to carrying much. Can’t even fit a G42 in the front pocket of those dickies. AIWB works for me when not at work, but I can’t tolerate it at work with all the bending/crouching/contorting my job requires. Don’t carry a flashlight much bc I normally have one very close by at work. I carry a razor knife in my front right pocket, keys and Recycled Firefighter Sergeant in my front left. iPhone on my belt. If anyone has any suggestions for improvement, I’m all ears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I would never carry all that stuff. Reliable loaded gun, small pocket flashlight, folding pocket knife, and then the normal items.

User Tag List