Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: San Diego synagogue shooting

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Seriously, what does that even mean?
    Jews in NYC have their own Jewish 911. Jews in NYC also have numerous other exclusive Jewish-only services. This is common knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    Jews in NYC have their own Jewish 911. Jews in NYC also have numerous other exclusive Jewish-only services. This is common knowledge.
    Wow.

They must not let half breeds in on this secret. (Even when I worked with the feds, state and locals in NYC no one let me in on this.)

You either have a particularly warped sense of humor or you just need to seek help.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Wow.

They must not let half breeds in on this secret. (Even when I worked with the feds, state and locals in NYC no one let me in on this.)

You either have a particularly warped sense of humor or you just need to seek help.
    I remember reading about this organization and their efforts during 9/11:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatzalah

Not sure if this is what Jay Cunningham is referring to, though.

I think Jay might be referring to the Shomrim. They’re more of a formal neighborhood watch group than Jewish 911.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by DMWINCLE View Post
    I remember reading about this organization and their efforts during 9/11:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatzalah

Not sure if this is what Jay Cunningham is referring to, though.
    I'm honestly not familiar with the organization...and it doesn't appear, from the link provided, that their services are limited to individuals of a given faith or ethnicity.

I didn’t think stating an obvious fact would earn me a WOW. JUST. WOW. label of casual antisemitism, but such is life in 2019.

Yes...

The original Hatzalah EMS was founded in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, New York, USA by Rabbi Hershel Weber in the late 1960s, to improve rapid emergency medical response in the community, and to mitigate cultural concerns of a Yiddish-speaking, religious Hasidic community. The idea spread to other Orthodox Jewish neighborhoods in the New York City area, and eventually to other regions, countries, and continents. Hatzalah is believed to be the largest volunteer ambulance service in the world. Chevra Hatzalah in New York has more than a thousand volunteer EMTs and paramedics who answer more than 70,000 calls each year with private vehicles and a fleet of more than 90 ambulances.

...was primarily what I was referring to, but there are other organization too.

Personally I think it’s cool that Jews can do this in NYC (and limited other areas). I think it would be cool if other racial/ ethnic groups could as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    I think Jay might be referring to the Shomrim. They’re more of a formal neighborhood watch group than Jewish 911.
    Yeah, them too.

Site Supporter
    Getting back to the POS who actually did this, hopefully the Feds can charge him. That way the death penalty is on the table. Certainly deserving of it.

Otherwise, I believe California governor Gavin Newsom has gone with a "suspension" on the death penalty (ala Jay Inslee -- who did that before the Washington Supreme Court struck the death penalty down).
    Last edited by idahojess; 04-28-2019 at 06:49 PM.

Hardly Jewish 911...nor worth the snark. (And not for the first time.)

I guess, coming from an LE background, I was thinking of 911 as a means of contacting LE during an emergency...such as what precipitated this thread.

User Tag List