Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: San Diego synagogue shooting

Site Supporter

San Diego synagogue shooting

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Ne...arMojn0Dkqima0

One dead, three injured, in San Diego synagogue shooting
    Shooting attack at Chabad of Poway claims at least one life in attack mayor says was a hate crime.

Apparently stopped by an off duty cop who shot the suspect.
    Last edited by HCM; 04-27-2019 at 05:38 PM.

Good for the off duty cop.

I gotta say it was kinda weird to carry in church for the first time. But in these times, I guess just about any large gathering of folks attracts random assholes.

Not sure who lost their life, but may they Rest In Peace, and the victims recover fully.

I understand the asshole is in custody.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Good for the off duty cop.

I gotta say it was kinda weird to carry in church for the first time. But in these times, I guess just about any large gathering of folks attracts random assholes.
    Honestly, I suspect his religion was why he carried in church. Being Jewish sure seems to attract violence it would seem... especially when both left and right wing politicians have no problem cozying up to anti-semitic extremists

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

People haven’t needed a “good” reason to kill others. A synagogue is just as good a place for mass carnage as a truck stop or a 7-11.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

I've always carried everywhere when off duty. It was drilled into me from day one that you never need a gun until you need one real bad.....

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Honestly, I suspect his religion was why he carried in church. Being Jewish sure seems to attract violence it would seem... especially when both left and right wing politicians have no problem cozying up to anti-semitic extremists

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Details are minimal. There is no indication whether the off duty cop was a member of the congregation, was working security off duty or “other.”

Synagogues having armed security is not uncommon. In fact one of the “mega churches” near me has their own state licensed security company employing both armed guards and off duty LE.

Site Supporter
    Sounds like the off duty border patrol agent was a member of the synagogue.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/californi...uthorities-say

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    People haven’t needed a “good” reason to kill others. A synagogue is just as good a place for mass carnage as a truck stop or a 7-11.
    How many mass shootings have taken place in a truck stop? A 7-11? Not drive by's, not smash and grabs, actual mass shootings. A place of worship makes for an exponentially better target for a mass shooter, even if there is no religious prejudice involved. A person looking to inflict a whole bunch of damage in a short period of time isn't gonna pick a truck stop or a 7-11 where there might be a half dozen people.

Site Supporter
    Many shooters pick targets with some meaning to them directly, political, religious, ethnically, some personal affront. Even general areas have some meaning beyond simple casualties.

Tomorrow I expect to hear someone say "some person did something".
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List