Thread: G42/G43 - Best fit for using with Belly Band or Spandex/Elastic Top Pants For Female

G42/G43 - Best fit for using with Belly Band or Spandex/Elastic Top Pants For Female

So as best I can tell the only meaningful difference between these two pistols is about 5 ounces loaded and slightly thicker/larger (G43).

That being said, are we splitting hairs here as to which will carry easier for a female who is 5' 1" who intends to carry with a belly band type setup or possibly using some yoga pants or similar with a stiff elastic waistband that has a holster clipped on?

Concealment is a high priority, not quite NPE but it is close enough to where it needs to not be noticed. Also, female is completely unexperienced carrying but is capable of shooting the G43 well enough to not be a consideration.

Also, she wants one in FDE preferably... can anybody comment as to whether it would be best to go with the factory Lipsey's cerakote FDE slide option or just the standard Glock slide finish? How do these slides wear with factory Cerakote? Slippery?

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    In my limited experience with belly band style holsters, you want the lightest gun possible. I would go with the G42 for that reason alone.

Site Supporter
    My wife is 5’3”, curvy. We didn’t pick between them based on weight, or grip size. She could run either of them, but hated shooting the 43 and ran a box through the 42 without giving it back or anything. So I bought a pair of 42s instead of a 42 for her and a 43 for me b/c I didn’t want to have two different magazines for the bitty guns. Same magazines and parts and holsters makes sense to us, anyway.

She doesn’t carry often b/c school teacher, but can carry in just about any configuration needed. A belly band in yoga pants would be great, if 5ats what she wants to do. It’s nice that it’s lighter. I have basically quit carrying my 642 in preference for the G42.

User Tag List