Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3rd Gen Smiths at AIM

3rd Gen Smiths at AIM

Just got an email from AIM Surplus. They got some police trade in 3rd gen guns. Saw 6906 and some others. $350 for the 6906.

https://aimsurplus.com/smith-wesson-...eid=256553db86
    Last edited by Lon; 04-26-2019 at 06:26 PM.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Site Supporter
    I love the 69XXs. Solid, reliable mid-sized DA/SA carry guns. If I wasn't saving for something 1911ish... I'd grab one of these 6906s to go with my 6904. Slide swap two tones!
    Last edited by MattyD380; 04-26-2019 at 09:45 PM.

Site Supporter
    It’s taking willpower to avoid an impulse buy of one of those 4006TSW blasters.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    It’s taking willpower to avoid an impulse buy of one of those 4006TSW blasters.
    I'm very tempted to buy a second.

I was so close to getting a 4013 tactical but then came to my senses and remebered I would not use it for anything that mattered.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

I was mulling over getting a 6906 myself after getting that email, I have a soft spot for 3rd Gen Smiths. Just don’t know anyone that makes a good AIWB holster for one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vista461 View Post
    I was mulling over getting a 6906 myself after getting that email, I have a soft spot for 3rd Gen Smiths. Just don’t know anyone that makes a good AIWB holster for one.
    JMCK quit making holsters for them last year. PJ Holsters is probably the best 3913/6906 option right now.

https://pjholster.com/

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Custom Carry Concepts can make the Gestalt to fit a 6906.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Dammit....I hate most Smith autos after getting burned on my first firearms purchase ever....a 1076....But that 6906 was the sweetheart of all the late 80s -early 90s gun rags. Fired one a couple of times, and thumb cocking was not bad for distance shots. And the 4516 was cool , too. Seeing this post made me irrationally want one. That price plus what I see them for on Gunbroker pretty much means my uniform allowance will buy an ACRO, a 6906, and no uniforms....

Also going to get my CCW permit so my job does not have a say in letting me carry it....I have to qualify with enough weapons each year.

pat

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    As someone who owns both, I would buy another USP Compact long before another 6906. Even with the price difference.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    As someone who owns both, I would buy another USP Compact long before another 6906. Even with the price difference.
    I'm with you there.

I read that S&W no longer supports the 3 series. That means that parts may be hard to find. Usually when that happens the parts rats will buy everything available and put it on Ebay. Then everyone gets to bid on the stuff like it's made out of platinum. No Thanks.

At least HK is still making parts for USP's. Actually still selling them.

User Tag List