Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: New Ruger Super GP100 Competition Revolver 8-shot 357 5.5"

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    That thing is probably fun as hell but I don't think I can get past the looks. Which is something women often say about me.
    People here say it about you too. Just so you know.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    People here say it about you too. Just so you know.

They anyone here has any right to talk. Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    I’m not digging that 9mm variant....

Hopefully I get my Super GP100 357 out to shoot in the next few weeks. I just got it a few weeks ago, but finishing my degree took precedence over shooting. Now that I’ve graduated, I should be getting some range trips in.
    Tried to shoot my Super GP100 today....operative word being tried. It’s gonna have to go back to Ruger. Cylinder binds to the point trigger cannot be pulled. Trying to thumb cock for a SA shot didn’t help. Cylinder would swing out normally so I’m thinking something with the ratchet and star isn’t interfacing properly. Happened on the second shot. Managed to get ten rounds through it fighting the issue the entire time.

I’ll say this, with wadcutters, the thing was like shooting a really big 22 and accuracy seemed like it was gonna be good to go. Guess a full report will have to wait until after it comes back.

Tried to shoot my Super GP100 today....operative word being tried. It’s gonna have to go back to Ruger. Cylinder binds to the point trigger cannot be pulled. Trying to thumb cock for a SA shot didn’t help. Cylinder would swing out normally so I’m thinking something with the ratchet and star isn’t interfacing properly. Happened on the second shot. Managed to get ten rounds through it fighting the issue the entire time.

I’ll say this, with wadcutters, the thing was like shooting a really big 22 and accuracy seemed like it was gonna be good to go. Guess a full report will have to wait until after it comes back.
    This is a bummer.

Keep us in the loop on how the repair and return goes.

It sure doesn’t seem like anyone can make a revolver worth a damn anymore, except Korth.

Given the “cheapo” Korth is now available for $3700...maybe it’s better to save the pennies.

Super GP100 is back. Well, it’s at the shop right now, I won’t be able to get it until Friday at the earliest because of things I have to do today and tomorrow. Credit Ruger for a fast turnaround time and hopefully it’s all sorted out now.

Super GP100 is back. Well, it’s at the shop right now, I won’t be able to get it until Friday at the earliest because of things I have to do today and tomorrow. Credit Ruger for a fast turnaround time and hopefully it’s all sorted out now.
    With my personal experience, it seems that with Ruger there's maybe a slightly higher than average chance of getting a defective gun but they will always take care of you. I've sent a small handfull of guns back and always got them back in a reasonable amount of time and fixed properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    It sure doesn’t seem like anyone can make a revolver worth a damn anymore, except Korth.

Given the “cheapo” Korth is now available for $3700...maybe it’s better to save the pennies.
    Speaking of Korth, I was poking around the site last night and realized where the inspiration for the hideous gills must have come from.

https://www.nighthawkcustom.com/revolvers/nxr-44-mag-6
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Condolences, Rex.

Can anybody tell me where holsters can be had or made for these?

I'm wanting to find a USPSA legal comp holster but not sure who I should ask to make one.

User Tag List