Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Ruger Super GP100 Competition Revolver 8-shot 357 5.5"

New Ruger Super GP100 Competition Revolver 8-shot 357 5.5"

Ruger just announced a custom shop edition Super GP100. I hope this is a prelude to a large line of Super Redhawk actions with the Redhawk barrels. I would be all in for a blued 4-5" .454 Casull.

https://www.ruger.com/products/superGP100/models.html
    Last edited by John10-19; 04-26-2019 at 05:34 PM.

Idiots keep putting mud/sand/rust catching holes in pistols.
    Last edited by 1slow; 04-26-2019 at 06:28 PM.

The slots/whatever are dumb. But I like everything else I'm seeing. 5.5" barrel, 8-shot, GP100 action, triple-lock. That's all good.

I agree that the cuts/openings look really bad. I wonder if it can be ordered without them.
    Hopefully Ruger keeps this up with some more offerings!

Question

I like the idea, but the execution is......interesting. They're going to give the S&W Performance Center some real Competition for the ~Who can build the most outlandish looking revolver trophy~. Two piece barrel with creative machine work, LCR cylinder configuration. I think we've got a contender here. The S&W PC may have to up their game

They must have colorblind chimps designing these things. Nice configuration, poor aesthetics.

I get the idea of shaving weight, but I too am not a fan of the barrel sleeve cuts. That said, Ruger has been way more interesting than anything on TV of late (Bosch 5 possibly excepted) and that's an excellent thing.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

If they will make a 4" to 6" version of that in .44 Mag without the goofy cuts, I'll start looking around my gun cabinet for stuff to sell to make it happen.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Gag. All it needs is a picatinny rail and a punisher emblem.

I think it looks fine to me, although I would have preferred horizontal vents like the old Dan Wesson Super Magnum barrel shrouds. I hope they offer additional shrouds with integrated optics mounts. I also hope they sell these by the boatload and force S&W to up their game.

User Tag List