Thread: His & Hers M64 M65 Restoration

His & Hers M64 M65 Restoration

There are two used LE revolvers I restored for my wife & I.

Her M64-6 is a prison trade in I got from Cabelas. I was able to hand select one from the 14 they had. I found one that was tight and had a super smooth DA trigger and a superbly crisp
    SA trigger pull. I filed and sanded all the scratches dents, nicks ad etc out of it then polished it with a felt wheel on a Dremel tool using Flitz metal polish. I put a set of Hogue Bantum grips that fit her diminutive paw. She loves it and it is her favorite handgun and it sets in her nightstand loaded with Speer GD 135gr +P

Well, long story short, I really liked how it turned out and got kinda envious! So I looked high and low and found an M65-3 on Gun Broker for a decent price. Did the same thing to it except put a Hogue Mono grip on it that fits me fairly well. I keep a G17 in my nightstand so this revolver is mostly just for fun. I do carry it in the woods sometimes with Underwood 180gr hard cast or my own handloads.

Shiny

Site Supporter
    Nice finds and nice restoration work.

Site Supporter
    Sweet!

Very nice, they look great. Something about the K frames, they just feel right in the hand.

Im in the same boat. My wifes edc is her 2" M15. Mines my 2.75v m66

User Tag List