Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Second Amendment Foundation, 2019 Gun Rights Policy Conference

Student
    Supposedly 1100 signed up but there's only room for 600.

Stetson count at 16.

Nexbelt ratchet is the only belt featured in the fashion show pamphlet.

Fashion show is kinda informal. First model up is out of California for the DC Project. Bullet resistant panel in the purse.

Next model for DC Project, and Chicago Guns Matter. Women's range bag that kinda looks like a purse.

Next model is Rev. Ken Blanchard with a Paragon IWB holster. He looks younger in person.

Next model also out of CA for DC Proj. Hiding Hilda? By Julie Golob.

Shelley Hill (she's here!) is the next model, wearing the Nexbelt EDC. Peanut gallery: 'No, it's about the (her) boots?'

Dr. John with a shoulder rig. Okay, I'm going back to the main ballroom.

Student
    "Screaming at children, that's bad optics, we don't want that."

"Nobody wants to move to Nebraska, which is good for us."

"How do we convince the extremists?"

'"I have friends that are Republicans, and --"

Stetson count over 25, that's enough for the night.

Student
    Still waiting on the main room to open so we can listen to Kavanaugh.

Dinner at both sites pretty much wiped out but coffee, tea, and hot water still being refilled.

"Cringy. I mean, so freakin' cringe."

Sixth black person spotted, ballcap with untucked button-down.

"Empty holsters triggering every snowflake within eyesight." (In regards to a student-led protest at ASU some time ago)

First child seen passed between mother and father as they will separately through the reception area.

"It's so easy to go, 'oh I got work'--"

GOA table shared with 'Knife Rights' has been empty this entire night.

Free to Choose Network org table is the only one with a TV and video on loop, and free T-shirts.

SAF table covered with logo drape but I suppose they'll uncover it tomorrow.

Two trans folks seen.

Fashion show seems to be over, Crestview folks coming back into lobby.

Student
    T-shirt back: "EAT SPAM"

Grandma with a denim shirt and tattoo sleeve.

Fashion show is being done a second time in lobby. Not going so well this time around since no one is listening to the participants yelling for everyone to pipe down.

Name:  IMG_20190920_2024441.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  35.3 KB

Student
    Got caught up in a couple extended conversations, not realizing Kavanaugh gave his remarks in Crestview and that's why the fashion show got kicked out. Oh well, I'll just email him and ask him what he said lol.

Good night. Tomorrow, AzCDL will be able to renew memberships at the table, cards are accepted if you don't do cash. Remember you must be a member to attend the annual meeting which is coming up next month.
    Last edited by Yung; 09-20-2019 at 11:24 PM.

Student

Day 2 liveposting

Good morning.

Knife Rights table half shared with GOA table is set up and manned. 'Second Front in Defense of the Second Amendment'. 'All Knives Matter!'

GOA half of table still unmanned, no display items set up since yesterday.

Supposed to start in a little bit according to agenda but doors are still closed and registration lines are still long.

'We the People' t-shirt open carrying a Walther with a non-stop holster, shirttail tucked behind the gun. I still haven't seen any retention rigs.

One of the AzCDL leadership is manning the JPFO table. He always wears some variation of a fishing vest and round-brown with the EGA insignia on it.

Three more OCers seen, first 1911 identified.

A rumor heard about Fiocchi stopping 5.56 production

Doors are open. A lot of books and bags to take home on every seat.

Polite Society podcast logo on broadcast screen.

Name:  IMG_20190921_0756036.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  66.3 KB

Video will be available on Liberty Watch Radio's site on Monday, or after the panels you can bring a thumb drive up to the front.

Student
    Julianne Versnel, SAF operations director is asking everyone to take a seat, and calling for Alan Gottlieb to come up. Someone else is being sent out to tell the rest of the registration line to just go ahead and come in now.

"Okay ladies and gentlemen, we are now two minutes late. And you know what two minutes mean to me."

Student
    "The theme of this year's conference is Freedom Now...important as Congress comes back into session."

Highest attendance ever had, record high of 91 speakers.

Younger than marriage of 40 years to Alan, younger than two of her children. Rev. Blanchard prayer, pledge recited.

Moment of silence for SAF members deceased or ill. SAF president is very ill.

Student
    Julianne and Alan have a spontaneous expositionary conversation about their backgrounds in relation to this event and organization. Julianne identifies as a 'time nazi'. Alan says 'big weapons' where his heart's at.

The 2001 GRPC stood out to Alan's memory due to flights opening back up two days before and a small group of pilots. Retold a story about an exchange between him and Otis McDonald coming down the steps after the case. "Alan, thanks to you and this organization, I've made my mama proud."

Hardest GRPC for Julianne was two: the one right after 9/11 (children upset they were getting on a plane) and in Chicago because a sabotage incident with the FAA.

Next conference will be in Orlando.

Julianne is not paid anything by the SAF to do what she does.

Alan wants attendees to know when they leave here that they are more prepared with 'battle armor' to win our rights.

Student
    Alan's opening remarks.

Not just 2A family, but 2A first responders. War against gun rights has gone nuclear. First deplorables. Now terrorists. Demonization to ostracization. Hates that DGUs remain underreported in news.

Hard to win debate when only one side gets to present. They've got more bodies and money than we do now. Multiple billionaires trying to buy our rights, about a dozen and not just Soros and Bloomberg. Insurers, banks, zoning regs, taxes, social media blocks, the 145 CEOs from F500s, investment bankers and hedge fund exclusions/divestment.

Opponents exposed. 'Dummy Beto' did us a big favor, reference to Trump tweet. Some Dems pointed out this would make their agenda harder, but they did not disagree with O'Rourke. Dem agenda very extreme, from safety to prohibition and confiscation. AP quote "Now we're gonna make them eat your words. I need your help to do that." White House has called him first four times.

Trump undecided but some things are off the table: confiscation, UBC, red flag bill. What is on the table: mental health effort, undoing sealing of juvenile criminal records to prevent NICS bypass, Manchin-Toomey in relation to sales. Concern about false positives in NICS. Average false positive takes 18 months to resolve. Pluses and minus. Not everyone in the room will agree. Possible non-FFL purchases are a concern, due to noted lack of gun stores in ban states. Lindsey Graham's ERPO concerns for due process protections. Of course, nothing is concrete.

"You have to realize we are playing a public opinion field."

Alan predicts we will come out okay, but that will be used against us. 2018 for the first time more radio and TV ads pushing for gun control than pushing for gun rights.

Time nazi.

User Tag List