Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Second Amendment Foundation, 2019 Gun Rights Policy Conference

Student

Second Amendment Foundation, 2019 Gun Rights Policy Conference

I will save the dates for the weekend of September 20-22, because it is going to be in Phoenix this year.

Admission is free and you can pre-register here:
    https://www.saf.org/grpc/

A little bit early so we don't know any hard times or speaker lists yet. This is also a particularly important time for the Arizona Citizens Defense League as they had a significant change in leadership toward the end of last year. I learned this at their annual meeting of members, which I made a small post about here. https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....annual-meeting

Student
    If you aren't registered yet, do it today! In the months since I first posted about this, you should have seen and heard plenty of things to give you motivation to attend.

Student
    The conference will be taking place this coming weekend.

Here is a link to the agenda.

https://www.saf.org/wp-content/uploa...19-9-16-19.pdf

Student
    Looking forward to the evening reception tonight. Please consider attending some time this weekend if you haven't already.

Student

Evening reception liveposting

Alan Korwin rings a glass and announces that the registration tables will open but pre-printed badges are only for folks who registered well in advance. Food will be served at two different locations due to overflow anticipation.

Overheard:

Old lady from Chicago talking about her MPX and initiating new shooters "Crook County. Why do you think I'm here?"

Front Sight logos abound. Spotted a founding member. Lots of praise from bystanders for their intensive 4-day pistol. "So streamlined you don't even hafta think."

Alan Gottlieb's holding a leash but the dog? Is not visible from where I'm standing in the crowded lobby.

Student
    First open carrier spotted. Nicely dressed, Serpa holster.

NRA lapels seen indicating lifetime? Members. Second OCer spotted, 'Florida Carry' on polo, kydex holster.

Most of the crowd is older folks, some fancy canes. There's Maj Toure. I've seen more people within a decade of my age range in less than 45 minutes than I saw at the entire AzCDL meeting last year, still in minority though.

Stetson count: 6. Someone's got a leather vest with 'The Shootin' Show' and a revolver embroidered on the back.

Student
    Greeted by a classmate at a Langdon class earlier this year. In hindsight I don't know why I have the printed speaker bios and agenda in hand when I already saw them online.

Another leather vest, with wallet chain and turquoise embedded belt buckle.

Some folks eating their dinners outside. No seating unless you go to the second serving site just next to the lobby but then the doors aren't open yet anyways. Most everyone standing. Ceramic plates.

Second and third black person besides Mr. Toure spotted. One's wearing a suit. Other one's hotel staff.

Cheryl Tod at Gun Freedom Radio table with a smile on her face.

Organization tables are mostly abandoned but I'm guessing they'll be full manned tomorrow morning. Registration line extends all the way from the ballroom out into the hall to the lobby counter.

One glass dropped at the cash bar. Barely noticed by anyone besides staffed.

Keystone state logo spotted on a T-shirt. There's a lot of other states represented here.

Site Supporter
    Please continue to keep us posted

Student
    Wine list at cash bar: Louis M Martini cab, Troublemaker Red Blend, Avalon cab. Line 39 pinot.

Brief conversation with an unknown man about the state of the gun rights battle in our state. Suggested support for Dan McCarthy to oust Martha McSally. Agreement that military background indicates nothing. He says he can say that since he was Navy.

My rep, John Kavanaugh, walking toward the registration line. An announcement was made but I can't hear it.

More suits seen.

Stetson count at 11 although one is made from straw so maybe that doesn't count.

American flag polo with American flag leg braces, but plain black cane. So close.

Four bucks for Diet Pepsi. It was lukewarm even with ice.
    Last edited by Yung; 09-20-2019 at 09:33 PM.

Student
    Five Asian/Pacific Islanders here besides me, wowie. Fourth black man, backwards cap.

Someone printing even through a fanny pack.

Another Florida Carry rep OCing. Haven't seen any non-Glocks yet.

Someone holding a Neil Desanti for Arizona flyer.

Most everyone's got something to eat. All organization tables are manned and doing their thing.

oing to the concealed fashion show at the Crestview room (second dinner area).

User Tag List