Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Second Amendment Foundation, 2019 Gun Rights Policy Conference

Student
    Next steps. As a community, as friends, get to know someone. But be able to refer them to someone else.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is 1800 273 8255. Press one for vet services. he has an old version of this card kept on his wallet. "Let's call this number." More numbers of other lines, online resources.

Vetselfcheck.org, giveanhour.org, mission22.com, irreverentwarriors.com from Donnie O'Malley. Give an Hour is an hour of free therapy. Brett is wearing his silkies, and has gone on silkie beer rucks.

Things to do: say "died by suicide". Put the LEARN card in wallet and use the skills learned to reach out in distress.

Unlike 911, you can call crisis hotline even if not imminent. Put a plan together. Get to know your shooting buddies. Failing to plan etc etc, this is an area we can't afford to fail.

Reduced WA by 90 percent in 4-5 years not with legislation.

Audience SRO dealing with 4th grader shows no-one is too young.

40 pistol safes, ??? shotgun lifejackets, med pouches and lockboxes.

Student
    https://libertywatchradio.com/grpc

Video not up yet, but it should be tonight, Monday, or whenever Charles Heller feels like it.

Student
    Erin Palette, Operation Blazing Sword, Pink Pistols.

Transwoman who identifies as a single-issue activist: the 2nd Amendment. Consider the number of gun owners in this country, compared with the numbers of members in the largest gun organizations combined i.e. the NRA and GOA. Now consider the idea of a 100 million strong voting block, with a true single issue focus. The answer to having such is easy but is the most costly and loathe to consider, which is partisanship. Pro-gun votes are okay, but we have to stop the anti-gun message before it gets to the ears of the President. Cast aside your politics. Don't write off nonconservatives. Positions on abortion, immigration, and economic policy should not be bundled up with gun rights and alienate everyone. I had more notes on my phone but it died here mid-post.

Piper Smith, Armed Equality.

I remember her articles from TTAG. She came to the 2nd Amendment in her path of self-education and discover shortly before the Pulse Attacks, and made her choices afterward when faced with the 'do something' mentality with her self-awareness as an LGBT individual. She is aware of the general LGBT bias against the second. In a few years she has put together a little under a hundred events for training in handgun, trauma response, force on force, legal concerns, contacting law enforcement, and so on. Last year, she made the shift from local to national. We are not in a position to reject nontraditionals; not out of necessity, but rather the most powerful arguments. Human beings only live once as far as she is aware though this might vary depending on your belief system. Inclusivity for 2nd Amendment rights is the moral thing to do. Anti-LGBT memes in pro-gun social media as well as the highest levels of leadership in some organizations neets to stop. Leave hyperpartisanship at the door. At the end of her life she wants to know she has saved lives, opened doors, and brought more love into the world. Work together to protect our natural rights.

Nichole 'Nicki' Stallard, 2016 CCRKBA Grassroots Activist the Year, SAF Life Member, NRA Life Patron. Transgender, conservative libertarian, Republican. Operation Blazing Sword. A show of hands for who knows about Pink Pistols. Conservatives have been far more open-minded than the so-called tolerant left. Officially resigning from some of the positions she currently holds in organizations.

Weaponized deep state, censorship is real. "I refuse to be silenced." "I'm unchained." Not just for our children, our grandchildren. Facts drive us to think, but emotion drives us to actions. We are humans, not Vulcans. Logic loses to emotion every time. IMF - Ignorance, misdirection, and fear. Scares the masses to attack our rights. "God. Can I get one for God?" Embrace change. Leave comfort zones. Be adaptable. Make them scared of us. All rights are interconnected. "Jesus didn't hang out in the echo chamber, he went out to the people." Gift from God. People everywhere in the world would trade places to be where we are.

Student

Lightbulb

Charlie Cook, gun 'grammer, Riding Shotgun with Charles.

Started making videos with his iPhone 4S of shooting while playing the trumpet, around 2015. Lived in Mass so he had to move or something to be able to play longer songs. 'Challenge' has been repeated by a lot of speakers in this event, so he wants to Inspire. Make videos. How about videos of a new shooter, or you and your friends shooting stuff. Share on social media. Share with your friends. Do something? Do something else. Video is a new platform. Bring fun ownership to gun ownership.

Dan Irvine, Accuracy in Media.

Father started this company. 50 years of fighting fake news. Think of donations as investment in a cause you believe in. Obviously most of the folks on this panel are not in it for the money. Podcasts are great and easy. Can make and submit podcasts to Google, Apple etc. with Anchor phone app. Don't forget posting on facebook, instagram, twitter, Periscope. You need to be passionate, and show who you really are. Mind your appearance on social media at the same time. Think before you post. Use them all, use them well.

Paul Lanthrop, Polite Society Podcast. Gets partial props for helping set up A/V along with Charles Heller of Liberty Watch Radio.

Show of hands for who has watched the MSNBC evening news in the last 30 days? There's three or four of you. Show of hands for who listened to a gun or gun rights podcast in the last 30 days? Nearly the entire room's hands go up. Legacy media is dying. It is super easy to do new media, with just a smartphone. George W. Bush won against Gore in Florida by 450 votes, 450 people. If you're attend the GRPC at all, you are hardcore. If you're still here since Friday night, hardcorer. If still here an hour and 45 minutes from now, hardcorerer. Know how to podcast, know how to YouTube. He is not a competitor. He would love for you to be ten thousand times more successful than him, or 20 times more successful than Mark. You have to get involved too.

John Richardson, blog No Lawyers, Only Guns and Money, co-host of Polite Society Podcast.

Google deleted 9 and a half years of his work on his blog. ToS 'violation' for facilitating drug/contraband dealing. Dave Workman, Tom Knighton of BearingArms, and others on facebook piped up. Two days later, Google said oopsie so sorry. Big Tech oligopolies. Reminder that SAF's YouTube was struck down in similar fashion shortly before the GRPC started this year. Demonetization, algorithms and keyword lists. "I got complacent, and we have gotten complacent." One, control your own hosting. Two, explore old tech i.e. forums and BBS. He bought his own domain, and had help from the 2A friendly Patriot Hosting. The late professor Bryan? Brian Patrick, talked at previous GRPCs about anti-media. Gun rights supporters and organizers not only communicated, but communicated outside of new media, i.e. newsletters, and that was why they were so successful. You can help content creators with leads, tips, and other info.

Dean Weingarten, one of my favorite old men and one of the best open carriers. Regular guest on Lock and Load Radio, as well as author of a lot of articles. Maybe the most read gunwriter on the internet? If you are here, you are amongst the hardcore, the activists, the doers. Struggle to throw off the yoke of mediacracy. It controlled the narrative, who was fit to vote for office, etc. New media is making a difference; for example Trump could not have won otherwise. 1) Record what's going on. Digital camera in your smartphone. Digital recorders. These are your freedom tools like the rifle, pistol, and shotgun. 2) Report what you've recorded. Put it on social media, forums, show it to content creators. 3) Comment. Words have been the primary weapon of the opposition. Comment on the news sites, the blogs, the opinion pieces, but don't attack. Remember that if you are not convincing someone else, you are convincing others listening and reading. If you are attacked without attacking, you win. If we lose, old media will be reborn into the skin of new media and distribution, but will continue to perpetuate the deep state. 4) Pray. God is on our side, and he believes that He is on Trump's side.
    Last edited by Yung; 09-22-2019 at 07:45 PM.

Student
    Dan Zimmerman, The Truth About Guns. I used to go on this site a lot when Robert Farago was running the show. I remember he put off David T. Hardy with his rudeness.

TTAG is only one side of the equation. A shared frustration. Runs down the usual stats on gun deaths and the confusion with suicide and criminal activity. Depending who's talking and who's counting, mind the number of DGUs that are underreported. Mind that of these DGUs, more than 90% triggers are never pulled. These would have been robberies, rapes, and murders. If someone asks you the 'how many more' question in bad faith, right back at 'em with 'how many more' robberies, rapes, and murders to achieve their goal of grabbing guns? Stamp Act was repealed only to be replaced with Declatory Act. 'to bind in all cases whatsoever'. IRS/FDA/BATFE imprisonment of the innocent. 'if that be not slavery...belong only to God.'

Richard Mack, Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association. There were a few speakers who had LE backgrounds that I didn't point out in this thread, some of which may surprise you if you go digging, but I think this one would resonate with the most among the current and former on PF.

Previous shirereeve of Graham County, Arizona. Lives in Gilbert. Has worked with the Oathkeepers and with their president. Agreement with sheriffs around the country to not enforce gun control in their counties. "What are we about?" What is America about? What is the purpose of our nation/the President/branches of government/the dogcatcher/city council etc etc etc etc? "It's liberty." Peace officers are not about writing tickets, arresting drug dealers, or running DUI checkpoints, though he's done all of those. It is the question of "Are we making sure that if some people want to be left alone, that their right to be left alone is being fulfilled?" When he was sheriff he sued the Clintons. And lived to tell about it. And was also (probably?) the only one to sue on a non-sexual matter. 15 county sheriffs in Arizona, 13 were in a meeting. The ATF rolls up and three agents hand each one their marching orders. "Believe me, you never heard so much swearing in your life." Did you know the President can't tell you sheriff what to do? The governor is not your sheriff's boss. It boils down to fundamental principles and values. To refer to things Kevin Dixie said, it is not in the hearing, but in the doing. Valley Forge, Tom Paine, 'times that try men's souls'. There are summer soldiers and sunshine patriots. Giving away free copies of his book, "The County Sheriff, America's Last Hope." Also free tickets to an upcoming CSPOA event that unfortunately coincides with two other big events announced during this conference, to his regret.

Student

Resolutions Committee.

Richard Mack was giving his book and tickets out by the early-vacated GOA table but he had their permission.

Genie Jennings, fly fisherwoman out of Maine, who is also co-chair of the Resolutions Committee. Delegates are all attendees for this current GRPC in Phoenix, Arizona, on September 22, 2019.

I don't watch C-SPAN on a regular basis, so all the Whereas and Yea and Nay and Point of Order put me in the sauce pretty quick. Resolutions given are not to make attendees feel good but gives you stuff to do.

- Linda Farmer? Doctrine. An attack on one gun is an attack on all of them. Continued support?
    - Eliminate all gun free zones.
    - Attempt to have legislators have restrictions apply only to the individuals engaging in criminal acts upon others or their property.
    - A lie unchallenged becomes truth. If you hear or see media inaccuracy, you must challenge it.
    - Increase outreach to the younger generation to participate in the shooting sports, and ultimately advocacy.
    - Oppose SB542 ITA, Support HR88 KOPA.

The ayes had all. Your job now is to pick something you've heard, go home, and work. 'Friends who went to GRPC' facebook group. Sorry, it's bad enough I have LinkedIn.

Closing by Alan Gottlieb. Charles Heller reminds everyone you can get video of the speakers if you bring your thumb drive to the A/V tables.

Feels lonely on the podium without Joe Tartaro. Best content from speakers out of all past conferences. In the early ones the attendees kept asking questions and didn't know anything. Now speakers are learning from attendees. 100k live viewers on the streams. Orlando, Florida is the next venue. Florida is a 2020 battleground state. Second Amendment Family. Second Amendment First Responder.

Student

Speaker bio pamphlet

Name:  1569203635020-794978263.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  46.1 KBName:  1569203733099-1459721277.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  45.4 KBName:  1569203820286-1292376229.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  52.7 KBName:  15692039162951348519957.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  46.9 KBName:  1569204017505444324183.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  59.5 KBName:  1569204233601-947532614.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  44.9 KBName:  1569204396488464694046.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  46.1 KBName:  1569204500458925136062.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  41.3 KBName:  1569204589177-409339180.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  39.6 KB

Student

Free stuff and idle thoughts

Note there were many more books, stickers, brochures, and other merchandise that could be had at the tables.

I wish 'Strategies and Standards for Defensive Handgun Use' by Karl and John was also in this set, even though I have it already.

There are multiple errors throughout the posts in these threads, not just in spelling but in facts. For example, Piper Smith's put together more than a hundred classes, not just under a hundred.

Name:  1569205104610-897919805.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  74.1 KB

Student

Post-conference events in Arizona

Those speaker bio pamphlet photos are pretty bad. If you really want to know the text of a certain speaker you saw in the agenda and can't make out the text, let me know and I'll type it up and post it here.

Saturday, September 28 - Aiming for the Truth: Kevin Dixie of No Other Choice Firearms Training, Avondale, AZ
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2692..._fb_noscript=1

Saturday, October 12 - Fighting for Liberty & Our Constitution: Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association, Mesa, AZ
    https://cspoa.org/event/fighting-for...-constitution/

Saturday, October 12 - Fourteenth Annual Meeting of Members: Arizona Citizens Defense League, Tucson, AZ
    https://www.azcdl.org/html/annual_meeting.html

User Tag List