Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: What are you doing right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Lying in bed, cat curled up next to me. Got back a few hours ago from a trip to see my mother.
    Hope all is as well as can be with your mom Ms. Stephanie.

What are you doing right now?

Catching up on the shenanigans of PF after a fairly easy work week of -- gasp -- 40 hours.

Egads it was really weird getting home at that time of day. For 31+ years I was working for a Big Aerospace company and it was nuts. I retired then went back to work for a niche second tier supplier in Tampa. That mindset came with me. Recently we went through a big push and the OT started in again...had a long talk with my wife last weekend about "why I went back to work", which did not include 60 hour work weeks. So I rewickered my daily schedule in that work/life balance thing. First week was this week. Stuff still gets done when I'm not there. Amazing.

Anyway, Miss Sunnydays has had her chow and walk and is curled up here in the office next to me at home. I'm going to head to the garage shortly to remove the battery in my car and take it to the Battery store to pick up a replacement. 6 years old time for a change so I don't have to do it at the side of the road.

Otherwise just honeydo's today.

Last edited by RJ; 04-27-2019 at 06:24 AM.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Hope all is as well as can be with your mom Ms. Stephanie.
    Thank you. Pardon my reticence, but this is an open/spider-searchable discussion board.

On the trip back, a guy in a beemer was riding my bumper in the HOV lane. When we got to the place where the lane ended, he scooched by me.. no passenger, unless they were in the trunk. Just another self-entitled asshole.

Pro tip: When driving and it's raining really hard, turn your frigging lights on. Some yutz in a dark-colored Toyota sedan was almost invisible. Some moron in a white SUV was less so, but he still wasn't easy to spot.
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 04-27-2019 at 07:17 AM.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemas2 View Post
    Finished reloading 200 rounds of 9mm (single stage press)
    Ugh, been there, done that, don't miss it. As Ferris Bueller said about Ferraris, I'll say about progressive presses: if you have the means, I highly recommend one.

So will total knee replacements.....
    That’s not how the knee works..

https://squatuniversity.com/

https://squatuniversity.com/2016/01/...for-the-knees/
    Last edited by breakingtime91; 04-27-2019 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    What does your squat regiment look now?

I did 3x3 squats of 225, 275, 295, 315 tonight.

Just got home . Hoping to fall asleep so I can mow before work tomorrow.

M- 5x5 current weight

W- 5x5 5 lbs heavier

Friday- 5x5 5 lbs heavier

six weeks of that, then deload week. Then back at it.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Recovering from six weeks of viral illness: 1 week long GI bug, worst I can remember; 5 week long upper resp. infxn (aka cold) that cycled through pharyngitis, laryngitis, rhinosinusitis, conjunctivitis, otitis media TWICE. I still talk like batman and I first developed symptoms back in MARCH. Have lost 5-10lbs since this all started.

In the scheme of things I guess I could have MRSA pneumonia but this has been a rough month or two.
    Last edited by Nephrology; 04-27-2019 at 08:58 AM.

Playing catch-up since our power was out for about 12 hours beginning yesterday evening.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Admiring my new knee...

https://www.stryker.com/us/en/joint-...ee-system.html....and it hurts like shit...anybody makes fun of me and I will post the unwrapped picture and ruin your lunch...

Attachment 37631
    Last edited by fatdog; 04-27-2019 at 09:29 AM.

Thank you. Pardon my reticence, but this is an open/spider-searchable discussion board.

On the trip back, a guy in a beemer was riding my bumper in the HOV lane. When we got to the place where the lane ended, he scooched by me.. no passenger, unless they were in the trunk. Just another self-entitled asshole.

Pro tip: When driving and it's raining really hard, turn your frigging lights on. Some yutz in a dark-colored Toyota sedan was almost invisible. Some moron in a white SUV was less so, but he still wasn't easy to spot.
    No worries.

I've been on a few of those "visits". Hope all is ok.

Agree on self-entitled assholes in Bimmers. (I was one once. )

User Tag List