Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistol Sight Preferences 2019

I'll go against the grain here and vote for XS Big Dots. I know people will say you can't hit anything with them at distance, but that has not been the case in my experience, and they are extremely fast to pick up and intuitive.

Site Supporter
    Of all the sights I've tried over the years, the Ameriglo CAP has provided the best sight picture for my 70 year old eyes. I need another set for the latest Plastic Fantastic but unfortunately I can't seem to find them in stock, even with the company. Kind of irritating that they boldly list them but never have them available.

Dave

Everybody's eyes are different. YMMV.

Currently:
    Trijicon HD Orange. Best compromise for me in varied light from hardpan in the sun to twilight to dark.

The yellow is great in dim light it washes out my sight picture in full sun. Flat black is best in sun but not visible when light gets dim.

My dream is a DURABLE fiber optic / Tritium 3 dot sight set.

Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post
    Everybody's eyes are different. YMMV.

Currently:
    My dream is a DURABLE fiber optic / Tritium 3 dot sight set.
    Look at the HiViz H3 sights. Had good luck with them so far.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Site Supporter
    Dawson tritium carry sights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Trijicon 3 dot for me.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Trijicon 3 dot for me.
    All of my guns where I have an option have fiber optic front and plain black rear. I've found in any lighting condition where I have enough light to ID my potential target I can see the fiber better than night sights and I want the rear sight to be as uncluttered as it can be.

Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    All of my guns where I have an option have fiber optic front and plain black rear. I've found in any lighting condition where I have enough light to ID my potential target I can see the fiber better than night sights and I want the rear sight to be as uncluttered as it can be.
    I get it. Folks can go round and round about what works best for them and how it should work for everyone else. What others call clutter, some call it feedback. I experience ghosting of the top edge that leads to imprecise perception of that edge. 3 dots help me to overcome that. I also like to shoot bowling pins under moonlit skies because it makes me happy. To each their own.
    Taking a break from social media.

My favorite setup right now is the ameriglo protector set which is pretty much Hackathornes but with the yellow front. $61.50 on Amazon. Have them on a G19.4 and a G43. The G43 set came with a narrower rear sight- assuming because of shorter sight radius. Very sharp sight picture on both. The rear may be too sharp cornered for some people’s ways of carrying. Has worked fine for me IWB at 3 o’clock under t-shirt. My other carry glocks all have smooth Glock night sights rear with orange proglo front from Ameriglo.

Edited to add: I blacked out the GNS rears with a sharpie.
    Last edited by Glockman9mm; 04-27-2019 at 09:57 PM.

Site Supporter
    For iron sighted guns I prefer a black heinie rear and a fiber optic front. For red dot guns a black rear with a green fiber optic front.

User Tag List