Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistol Sight Preferences 2019

Pistol Sight Preferences 2019

Hi,

I've searched the topic multiple times and have read through numerous threads regarding the age old tritium vs. fibers and figured I'd make a post for an updated consensus regarding sight preferences in 2019. I have multiple pistols set up with Dawson Precision Chargers and Ameriglo Bold/Agent sights. I try to run a few miles each night throughout the city and have a G19 riding along because I run through "rough" areas and wouldn't feel comfortable with anything smaller. All of my 19's have Dawson fibers and even though I wipe my sights with a light coat of oil after each run, I've noticed the sights slightly rusting/browning. I love the sight picture they provide but I've also been finding myself in an environment where tritium could be ideal. I've been eyeing the Ameriglo Trooper set because of the new rear that'll fit MOS slides, just want to see what others are running before dropping $100 on sights. I'm always curious as to what others are running or swear by. Thank you.

I’ve pretty much standardized on Ameriglo Hackathorns with an orange front. I find the sight picture to work well with my aging eyes. I’m also trying a set of Ameriglo Agents on my G45, not having white rings around the rear vials seems to work, too.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I definitely see the value in an accentuated front sight and more diminished rear sight; my favorite currently is my 92D with a green tritium front with a bright orange surround, and yellow tritium rears with blacked-out rear tube surrounds.

Also a painted front sight (white, green, orange) and a black rear, or using different colors on front and rear dots.

Best, Jon

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    ...even though I wipe my sights with a light coat of oil after each run, I've noticed the sights slightly rusting/browning...
    Eezox dry lube, problem solved.

EEZOX® removes what all the other CLP's leave behind! EEZOX® also provides its unique, penetrating dry lubrication and barrier for corrosion prevention
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

Pistol Sight Preferences 2019

Since my favorite Ameriglo Operator yellow/green sights are discontinued, my current choice is Night Fision.

Last edited by Clusterfrack; 04-25-2019 at 11:33 AM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Black U-notch rear, red fiber optic front.

Ameriglo Bolds, typically with the Yellow/Green Pro glo front. I also use the Orange/Red fronts on some of them. Either way, Ameriglo Bolds are my standard sight setup.

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Since my favorite Ameriglo Operator yellow/green sights are discontinued, my current choice is Night Fision.

You could go with the Ameriglo Trooper sights. Provides the same picture as the ones you have posted there, and the rear is serrated.

TXPO
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 04-25-2019 at 12:29 PM.
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    Ameriglo Bolds, typically with the Yellow/Green Pro glo front. I also use the Orange/Red fronts on some of them. Either way, Ameriglo Bolds are my standard sight setup.

TXPO
    Thanks man, for Gen 5 guns are you using .180 or .200 fronts?

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Thanks man, for Gen 5 guns are you using .180 or .200 fronts?

My 19X's are using .180 fronts which provide just below a 6 o clock hold, right below the top of the front blade.

I recently picked up a G45, and put a .180 front on it and POA/POI was at the top of the paper at 25 yards. I stuck the .200 back on it and POA/POI is right below the top of the front blade from 5 to 25 yards with 115 and 124.

Glock has done something to the recent production 5th Gens, as I am seeing more of them with the correct POA/POI with .200 fronts.

My 19x's and the first early production G45 I had shot way low with .200.

If you pick up a new 5th gen, check it current POA/POI before you commit to sights.

TXPO
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 04-25-2019 at 12:41 PM.
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

User Tag List