Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Pistol Sight Preferences 2019

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    I was never into the original CAP sights but I came across these: https://handguncombatives.store/prod...k-t-cap-sights

By the looks of it, looks exactly like a serrated Defoor rear. These look pretty damn good if that's the case.
    That set looks about perfect for me!

God how I wish Ameriglo would make more of these kickass offerings for more HK models.

I may still pick up one of these sets for my G35....

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    That set looks about perfect for me!

God how I wish Ameriglo would make more of these kickass offerings for more HK models.

I may still pick up one of these sets for my G35....
    I just ordered the rear, I have a .165" proglo sitting around somewhere. If only Ameriglo made .256 serrated tritium rear with a .150 notch.. would be perfect imo.

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    I was never into the original CAP sights but I came across these: https://handguncombatives.store/prod...k-t-cap-sights

By the looks of it, looks exactly like a serrated Defoor rear. These look pretty damn good if that's the case.
    I bought these a few weeks ago and have taken them out twice. I was running Hacks before these but the front insert cracked off. I like them a lot. Well thought out sights in my opinion. I’m not the best shooter in the world but was able to do decent work with them first time out. 90% A zone hits at 25, 5/5 on an ipsc target at 40 and 4/5 at 50.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’ve pretty much standardized on Ameriglo Hackathorns with an orange front.
    Same

I've been trying out the Ameriglo I-Dot Pros, but I've come to vastly prefer no dot on the rear sight.

A plain black rear with a gold bead or white bead front sight...a brass bead shined up will do if I'm feeling cheap.

Hi-viz orange sights just don't work for me.

I like ameriglo hackathorn, I like the wider rear notch.

Proctor "Y" notch rears with a Dawson fo front. No rust issues the op had. There are complete sets for most major guns now available.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Does anyone like the Glock stock night sights?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Does anyone like the Glock stock night sights?
    Ameriglo Gen 5 ones yes. Until the stock finish rubbed off the rear.

I bought a used Glock 17L two years ago, and it came with a pair of "Speed Sights" already installed.

At first, I was slightly miffed, as I have not had good luck with "unconventional" sights in the past (Advantage Tactical, XS Big Dot, etc.)

Well, now 2 years later, I love the Speed Sights.

They are extremely easy to see due to the huge front sight, even in the terrible mixed lighting of my local indoor range. Meanwhile, due to the fine diamond tip of the front sight, they are very precise for me. I also really like the "crown" profile of the rear sight, which allows more view of the target around the front sight then a conventional rear.

Overall I feel they are a better mousetrap. I get get a front sight with more visible surface area then an XS Big Dot, with comparable precision to what I get with a 0.09" target front sight.

Here's a random screen grab I found on google, to give a fair idea of how they look on target. Obviously these are not properly aligned in this pic, but it was the best one on google.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by spyderco monkey; 05-03-2019 at 01:30 AM.

User Tag List