Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: What ammo would you like to see made?

All I could shoot, free.

277 Wolverine as a SAAMI approved factory cartridge.

44 Special +P as a SAAMI approved factory cartridge.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I'd like to see Kirkland (Costco) branded ammo available at my local Costco warehouse store.

Quote Originally Posted by L-2 View Post
    I'd like to see Kirkland (Costco) branded ammo available at my local Costco warehouse store.
    That cracked me up. Seriously though, wouldn't that be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by L-2 View Post
    Dude. I could go once a year and load up on a new tan windbreaker, some dad jeans, batteries and ammo.

Between that and Amazon Prime, I could never leave the house.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by sharps54 View Post
    I know it won’t happen for liability reasons but modern 9mm defense loads in 9mm Federal or an equivalent “9mm Auto Rim” for 9mm revolvers would be great.

I very much worry about moon clips getting bent so if I had a 9mm LCR or the like I’d use a moon clip in the gun and carry a speed strip for the reload. I can’t imagine reloading a revolver more than once which really limits the need for my request...
    This is super unlikely, but a reworked 9mm Federal with a fatter base so as to not fit in .38S&W chambers would be nifty.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    This is super unlikely, but a reworked 9mm Federal with a fatter base so as to not fit in .38S&W chambers would be nifty.
    If they're going to do that they might as well make a 38 +P+ SAAMI spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    If they're going to do that they might as well make a 38 +P+ SAAMI spec.

It would make more sense for most of us, but I think a "9mm Magnum Revolver" new chambering might make it past the lawyers easier than a .38 +p+
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by sharps54 View Post
    I know it won’t happen for liability reasons but modern 9mm defense loads in 9mm Federal or an equivalent “9mm Auto Rim” for 9mm revolvers would be great.

I very much worry about moon clips getting bent so if I had a 9mm LCR or the like I’d use a moon clip in the gun and carry a speed strip for the reload. I can’t imagine reloading a revolver more than once which really limits the need for my request...
    How about a rimmed and shorter version in the 32 region? The 32 HR Mags and 327s seem longer than they have to be. One could reduce cylinder length pocket guns. However, this theory of shortening some old round leads you down the road to 45 GAP semi-flop.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    How about a rimmed and shorter version in the 32 region? The 32 HR Mags and 327s seem longer than they have to be. One could reduce cylinder length pocket guns. However, this theory of shortening some old round leads you down the road to 45 GAP semi-flop.
    Maybe, especially if you scaled everything down like the older pocket revolvers. I’d love a modern version of the below revolver. I’ve posted it before, that’s a .380 round pictured and it is a five shot. I think you could get six in a .32 caliber cylinder.
    Name:  7629A958-2BB2-4BC0-931C-E69E46A1ABC8.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  31.1 KB
    Name:  39F50CE9-431F-4FC3-87FB-4C5506744BB2.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  37.6 KB

User Tag List