Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: What ammo would you like to see made?

Site Supporter
    I know it won’t happen for liability reasons but modern 9mm defense loads in 9mm Federal or an equivalent “9mm Auto Rim” for 9mm revolvers would be great.

I very much worry about moon clips getting bent so if I had a 9mm LCR or the like I’d use a moon clip in the gun and carry a speed strip for the reload. I can’t imagine reloading a revolver more than once which really limits the need for my request...

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    .455 Webley-AutoRim. They could take .45 AR cases and shave 0.12" off the length.
    I know it's not what you want to hear, but as a reloading project that would be incredibly easy.

All I want from the wish machine is factory .30 Herrett brass and a source for .221FB brass that doesn't need annealed before being necked down.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I know it's not what you want to hear, but as a reloading project that would be incredibly easy.

All I want from the wish machine is factory .30 Herrett brass and a source for .221FB brass that doesn't need annealed before being necked down.
    Midway is showing Nosler and Lapua 221 Fireball brass in stock. It’s more expensive than the Remington that is listed as unavailable. I hadn’t realized Remington wasn’t making it, but I’ve got plenty of once or twice fired

135gr+P Speer Gold Dot in 9mm

20ga FC 1B

Hornady Vector

Site Supporter
    If I were wishing based solely on my feels and wants, I'd like to see more .32 H&R and .327 FM loads. A Barnes Vor-Tx/TAC-XPD and HST would be a great start (yes, I'm aware of the Gold Dot .327 FM).

Wishing based solely on my uses/practicality, poly coated .22LR ammo that won't lead/smoke bad (I hate cleaning suppressors more than I hate cleaning guns) and more FC #1 available. Also . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    A 158gr WC loaded to "service" velocity.

Would be a superb snubby load that hits to the sights.
    Ditto to this ^^

Other than that, I'm mostly content with what is available on the market.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    True. I'd like to see the round tested in proper gel from 2.25...
    Here it is from an LCR. Did well in organic gel. Would probably be my "go to" load for 357 snub currently.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...mag-cartridge/

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ragnar_d View Post
    If I were wishing based solely on my feels and wants, I'd like to see more .32 H&R and .327 FM loads. A Barnes Vor-Tx/TAC-XPD and HST would be a great start (yes, I'm aware of the Gold Dot .327 FM).
    Double Tap has a 75gr 327 FM load that uses a Barnes bullet. They also have a 32 HRM loaded with a 60gr Barnes bullet.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    20ga FliteControl.
    This.

Plus I want Federal to hurry TF up with #1 FC in 12.

Since I'm here I'll wish for decent defensive and training loads in .30 Carbine, that little thing is just the home defense "longish" gun for HH6...
    (Also, a decent supply of decent magazines for it.)
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    what 158 gr round currently available would you think comes closest
    It is a 148gr wadcutter, and not from a mainstream ammo company, but I have been really happy with the Choice Ammunition version, been through several hundred rounds now and it is definitely "service velocity" compared to the other .38 WC ammo...

Now if Federal would just emulate that....

Bonded or non-bonded 77gr version of the Mk318

User Tag List