Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What ammo would you like to see made?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    38 super loaded with bullets designed for the 357 sig (hst/gd) at decent velocity.
    Dang, that's even more niche than .357 Mag HST!

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Okey dokey...

Assume I'm an idiot. (No, really. See my user name.) Now, explain the process how I can get a barrel modified by them?
    Not to be an asshole (which, by the way, I'm especially good at), but literally the very first thing that came up when I punched "Vang" followed immediately by "Comp" in to the Google machine was this:

https://www.google.com/search?q=vang...hrome&ie=UTF-8

blake
    Last edited by blake_g; 04-25-2019 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blake_g View Post
    Not to be an asshole (which, by the way, I'm especially good at), but literally the very first thing that came up when I punched "Vang" followed immediately by "Comp" in to the Google machine was this:

https://www.google.com/search?q=vang...hrome&ie=UTF-8

blake
    Location, location, location....
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by spyderco monkey View Post
    Ah, I hadn't realized that S&B makes a #1 load.

Sadly, for some reason they are loading only 12 pellets, whereas the typical #1 is supposed to be 16 pellets. At that point theres really no benefit vs S&B's 12 pellet 00 load, other then perhaps less recoil.
    Nope. These were 70mm shells with the standard 16 pellet payload.

Name:  IMG_20190425_204052731.jpg
Views: 521
Size:  42.6 KB

The same shell with #00 buckshot holds 12 pellets. Perhaps you were thinking of those? S&B does also make both shorter and taller shells, with varying amounts of payload. (Their 63,5mm #00 shells hold 9 pellets, whereas 76mm shells hold 15 #00 pellets. Not that you'd want to deal with that much extra recoil for few more pellets. No idea if either of those are available with #1 buckshot - I've certainly never seen any, but like I said #1 buckshot is scarcer in my country.)

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Location, location, location....
    Well if by "not in the USA" he means "Canada" then he's looking for Casey at Tacord http://tacord.com/ Dasey is the "Vang Comp North" dude...

Casey is my go-to guy for shotgun work as I am also "not in the USA" - this shit really isn't that hard but Jeebus some folks want everything handed to them... LOL
    Last edited by blake_g; 04-25-2019 at 02:06 PM.

.351 WSL and .32 French Long
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Wolf BRASS CASE 6.5 Grendel with a decent BC 120+/- BTHP available in 200 round discount box.

I think it'd be pretty sweet if Prvi did a run of 10.4x38 Swiss Vetterli…..even better if it was centerfire (Vetterlis are commonly converted to CF and cases made from .348 Winchester).
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Nope. These were 70mm shells with the standard 16 pellet payload.

Name:  IMG_20190425_204052731.jpg
Views: 521
Size:  42.6 KB

The same shell with #00 buckshot holds 12 pellets. Perhaps you were thinking of those? S&B does also make both shorter and taller shells, with varying amounts of payload. (Their 63,5mm #00 shells hold 9 pellets, whereas 76mm shells hold 15 #00 pellets. Not that you'd want to deal with that much extra recoil for few more pellets. No idea if either of those are available with #1 buckshot - I've certainly never seen any, but like I said #1 buckshot is scarcer in my country.)
    That's weird, the US version is 12 pellet #1:

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/17...hot-12-pellets

Site Supporter
    After thinking about the OP's question - I would like to see several good loads for the 45 ACP featuring John Browning's original favored bullet weight of 200g. And they don't need to all be +P loadings. JMB chose a 200g @ 900 fps (from a 5" barrel). A well designed truncated cone and an expanding hollow point should be doable.

Just sayin',
    Dave

User Tag List