Page 6 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: New Trijicon Pistol Mounted RDS???

Meanwhile type 1 RMR closeouts have been easy to find at $375ish for the past week or so... I know some people have had issues but mine with some ATEi milling has been great so that’s super tempting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Meanwhile type 1 RMR closeouts have been easy to find at $375ish for the past week or so... I know some people have had issues but mine with some ATEi milling has been great so that’s super tempting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have three type1 RM06 and they have been great. I don't have alot of rounds through them, but no flickering or short lifespans on batteries. Jager did the install on the two glocks, and they fit tightly, and one uses the Trijicon 1911 plate.

If this Trijicon offering is an improved RMR, the timing is perfect for me. My backup is spending some time at the smith, getting upgraded. When it returns, hopefully Wilson will be set up to install this on my X9

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    I have three type1 RM06 and they have been great. I don't have alot of rounds through them, but no flickering or short lifespans on batteries. Jager did the install on the two glocks, and they fit tightly, and one uses the Trijicon 1911 plate.
    My only issue was my own fault - I forgot to use a sealing plate and got caught in a nice tropical downpour while I was still on Oahu. It worked surprisingly well for having so much moisture inside. Trijicon took care of it even though I messed up. I don't know how many rounds I have on mine, but it must be a few thousand at this point because I got it when they did the Type 2 release and everyone was selling the type 1s super cheap. Hopefully not, but if this new offering has the same auto-dim "feature," I'll stick to my type 1.

I’m guessing it is going to be a type 2 with a larger display but still open emitter. I bet a bunch of people on the fence about which optic to buy will decide tomorrow after they see this and whatever other new announcement is expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Tod-13 View Post
    I'm hoping for a sealed dot optic with an RMR footprint, with a green dot.
    I'm not saying I'm expecting it, just hoping.
    Trying to figure out how a sealed optic and RMR footprint can work together. Only thing I can come up with are some goofy angled screws (which isn’t the RMR footprint) or screws from bottom up like the T series. Bottom up screws are a HARD no go on a pistol. Anything that comes loose binds up your slide pretty permanent like.

If I had to pick one upgrade to my RM06, it would be to add the ability to change the battery without removing the sight. MY pistol is under my shirt, protected from the elements, and not subject the abuses that LEO/MIL guys encounter. I don't need closed emitters, and 10000 hour batter life. Even if I had to change batteries every month, I'd be OK, if I didn't have to mess with the mounting screws and confirm zero when changing the battery

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    When I first looked at the photo, I thought it was an Acro.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Trying to figure out how a sealed optic and RMR footprint can work together. Only thing I can come up with are some goofy angled screws (which isn’t the RMR footprint) or screws from bottom up like the T series. Bottom up screws are a HARD no go on a pistol. Anything that comes loose binds up your slide pretty permanent like.
    I'm hoping for some magic. The teaser shots were showing a round reflection. So if the optic were belled at the end and skinny in the middle like a scope, it might work. Or just a skinny tube.

Like I said, I'm hoping for it, not expecting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tod-13 View Post
    I'm hoping for a sealed dot optic with an RMR footprint, with a green dot.
    I'm not saying I'm expecting it, just hoping.
    Forgive my ignorance, I'm new to dots.

Why green?
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

User Tag List