Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thinner leather belt

Thinner leather belt

I’ve worn belts from Andrews Custom Leather and the Beltman.net for 20+ years, but I’d like to get a new leather belt. It may be an oxymoron, but is anyone making a high quality, but thinner, 1.5” wide, leather belt that can support a firearm in an IWB holster? The dimension I’m looking to reduce Vs the belts I have is the thickness, not the width.

I’m not looking to carry a Beretta 92 or a 5” 1911 with this belt, more like a Glock 19 max and probably even smaller lighter than that.

I’m also not concerned with AIWB, just old-man IWB.

I like brown leather with silver buckle, if that matters.

Custer Custom Leather makes a great thinner leather belt, they would be my first choice....

https://www.custercustomleather.com/belts

I would say going with the Warrior would be best, although the Original is single ply might work also as Titus told me they are much stiffer than normal single ply belts. He can also add a stiffener like he is doing for me on the Warrior, hope to have it soon to share some pics.

Jim Ryan @JRCHolsters makes a double thickness horsehide that is thin and will carry full size pistols owb just fine.
    Not cheap and a long wait but worth it.

I really like Simply Rugged's Real Man's Gun Belt. I've got a 1.75 floral carved one that has seen much BBQ use and another 1.5 in plain black for fancy wear. They're made from a single, albeit thick, layer of leather and after a minimal break in, they're very comfortable. Flexible enough for my G19 in AIWB and stiff enough for my 1911 IWB.

Milt Sparks belts have a reputation for being marginally thinner. https://www.miltsparks.com/belts.php

From their FAQ pagehttps://www.miltsparks.com/questions.php

For instance, if you're considering purchasing a gun belt from another manufacturer for use with one of our holsters and are trying determine fitness, ask the belt manufacture what weight leather they use and then do the math. Each ounce of leather weight equates to 1/64th of an inch in actual thickness. Our gun belts are made and have always been made of two layers of 6½ to 7 oz leather cut from the backbone of the hide. This equates to approximately 13/64” to 7/32” in overall thickness. Keep in mind, that this is the belt thickness we fit our holsters to and our holsters are intended to fit snug on the belt! Any manufacturers belt over 7/32" thick will be somewhat tighter in the loops of one of our holsters than on a belt of our own manufacture. Anything over 1/4" in overall thickness and you may not be able to close the snaps over the belt!

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Suggs View Post
    Jim Ryan @JRCHolsters makes a double thickness horsehide that is thin and will carry full size pistols owb just fine.
    Not cheap and a long wait but worth it.
    This would be my suggestion as well. AWESOME belt and super thin. I'm not sure if my Graith belt is thinner, but they're awfully close in thickness.

Daltech Force has taken great care of my friends and myself. Have several of their products around me for the last five years and not one issue.

www.daltechforce.com

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Its not leather but the Maxpedition Liger has served me well for 15+ years. Certainly on the thin side and can support anything this side of a railed 1911 with a light attached.

You're not going to get anything from JRC for quite some time at the moment, though his belts are very thin.

An immediate answer would be the KORE ratcheting belt. It's basically a dress belt but with a stiffener inside. It's marginal stiffness and a 50/50 whether you'd find it acceptable. Comparable in support/stiffness to those biothane belts, I'd say.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by GNRPowdeR View Post
    Daltech Force has taken great care of my friends and myself. Have several of their products around me for the last five years and not one issue.

www.daltechforce.com

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    kinda liking the look of this guy, thanks!

https://www.daltechforce.com/collect...nt=48027517011

User Tag List