Thread: Sig P320 X-Compact LCI

Sig P320 X-Compact LCI

I picked up a P320 xcompact yesterday. When I used some snap caps, I noticed that the loaded chamber indicator protrudes (as it should), but it almost enters the sight picture. Has anyone else noticed this? I’m thinking of just removing the LCI. It doesn’t look like it would impede the function of the gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    I haven't yet seen a 320 with an LCI other than the extractor claw bump.

EDIT: Out of sheer curiosity, what state do you live in? We got an M&P in at my LGS the other day with a pop-up LCI like an XD and we were curious about it, because it shipped with 17-rd mags, so it wasn't a Cali gun shipped here by mistake.
    Last edited by Tamara; 04-24-2019 at 06:24 AM.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    With this model, it’s on top.

EDIT: Out of sheer curiosity, what state do you live in? We got an M&P in at my LGS the other day with a pop-up LCI like an XD and we were curious about it, because it shipped with 17-rd mags, so it wasn't a Cali gun shipped here by mistake.
    I’m in Ohio. All xcompacts have a LCI on the top of the slide.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Ah.

Sig & Smith are making Cali-compliant slides that are leaking into Free State guns.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

P320-M17s have them, too. I think they are now “standard” on newer X-Series slides.
    Bob
    9MM: 92 Elite LTT, CenTac
    .45 ACP: Wilson Combat, Nighthawk, Dan Wesson, Springfield, Colt
    Confederate Civil War reproductions: 1863 Richmond rifle, Spiller and Burr revolver

I called Sig customer service. The rep said that simply removing the loaded chamber indicator would not impede the function of the firearm.

Site Supporter
    If the LCI protrudes into the sight picture view, then it must stuck up like an inflamed big toe. My PCR's have small LCI's that perturbed me at first, but now I accept the part and admit to liking the thing. Of course, the LCR is a non essential add on. The P38 of my boyhood had a LCI so I'm used to the concept.

I own an X-Compact, a very nice pistol, and although I find that it isn't the most attractive LCI around I haven't noticed it while actually shooting it.

User Tag List