Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: M1152 & M1153 9mm Loads Info

FWIW this ammo, Winchester MPN SG9W (M1152?) is available here for $165/k shipped.

https://www.ableammo.com/catalog/win...-p-156543.html

I have never bought from Able Ammo but it's cheap if you feel like experimenting.

Just yesterday I shot 200 rounds of S&B 115 followed by 100 rounds of this Winchester 115gr "Service Grade" in my VP9. It absolutely felt far hotter than the S&B, to the point I was a little concerned. I have shot this ammo before from a different case in other guns but don't recall noticing a difference, much less a dramatic one. Is it possible some lots of this are +P/+P+ and some are not? I don't own a chrono unfortunately.
    Last edited by ArgentFix; 06-27-2019 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    This ammo looks suspiciously like the M1152 load. 115 grain, FMJ FP. Listed at 1300 fps. Comes in brown boxes.

Attachment 37595

Pretty good groups out of my HK P30L. 1.375" in the x-ring at 20 yards.
    So I ordered a couple boxes of this from Brownell's along with some MPro 7 Solvent when they had free shipping for all. I was excited to open the box of ammo and see what it looked like only to find the old switcharoo was pulled on me, looks like this loading is round nose only going forward. I confirmed this speaking with Brownell's Customer Service who verified this with Winchester directly.

Name:  IMG_0149.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  72.8 KB

Name:  IMG_0147.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  66.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    I was excited to open the box of ammo and see what it looked like only to find the old switcharoo was pulled on me, looks like this loading is round nose only going forward.
    Am I seeing three different headstamps in that one box? Do they all have the same bullet? That is weird.

Edit: Also what is the year stamped on the ones with "WMA"? Hard to read in those pics.
    Last edited by ArgentFix; 07-08-2019 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgentFix View Post
    Am I seeing three different headstamps in that one box? Do they all have the same bullet? That is weird.

Edit: Also what is the year stamped on the ones with "WMA"? Hard to read in those pics.

Yes they have different headstamps... which I also found quite odd. A head scratcher for sure, but also made me think this really was ammo they are running off the same machinery as the military stuff. The WMA marked cases are dated 19', so it is current production as one would expect from a company as large as Brownell's and how much product they must move.

User Tag List