Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: M1152 & M1153 9mm Loads Info

FWIW this ammo, Winchester MPN SG9W (M1152?) is available here for $165/k shipped.

https://www.ableammo.com/catalog/win...-p-156543.html

I have never bought from Able Ammo but it's cheap if you feel like experimenting.

Just yesterday I shot 200 rounds of S&B 115 followed by 100 rounds of this Winchester 115gr "Service Grade" in my VP9. It absolutely felt far hotter than the S&B, to the point I was a little concerned. I have shot this ammo before from a different case in other guns but don't recall noticing a difference, much less a dramatic one. Is it possible some lots of this are +P/+P+ and some are not? I don't own a chrono unfortunately.
    Last edited by ArgentFix; 06-27-2019 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    This ammo looks suspiciously like the M1152 load. 115 grain, FMJ FP. Listed at 1300 fps. Comes in brown boxes.

Attachment 37595

Pretty good groups out of my HK P30L. 1.375" in the x-ring at 20 yards.
    So I ordered a couple boxes of this from Brownell's along with some MPro 7 Solvent when they had free shipping for all. I was excited to open the box of ammo and see what it looked like only to find the old switcharoo was pulled on me, looks like this loading is round nose only going forward. I confirmed this speaking with Brownell's Customer Service who verified this with Winchester directly.

Name:  IMG_0149.jpg
Views: 2853
Size:  72.8 KB

Name:  IMG_0147.jpg
Views: 2957
Size:  66.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    I was excited to open the box of ammo and see what it looked like only to find the old switcharoo was pulled on me, looks like this loading is round nose only going forward.
    Am I seeing three different headstamps in that one box? Do they all have the same bullet? That is weird.

Edit: Also what is the year stamped on the ones with "WMA"? Hard to read in those pics.
    Last edited by ArgentFix; 07-08-2019 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgentFix View Post
    Am I seeing three different headstamps in that one box? Do they all have the same bullet? That is weird.

Edit: Also what is the year stamped on the ones with "WMA"? Hard to read in those pics.

Yes they have different headstamps... which I also found quite odd. A head scratcher for sure, but also made me think this really was ammo they are running off the same machinery as the military stuff. The WMA marked cases are dated 19', so it is current production as one would expect from a company as large as Brownell's and how much product they must move.

Official M1152 load released by Winchester

Saw this:

https://www.military.com/daily-news/...consumers.html

Brownell's has them in stock at $130/500. Listed muzzle velocity in the above article is 1320 fps.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

I had one dud primer in 2k rounds of Winchester #SG9W . Definitely the primer, 2 hard strikes. Otherwise they shot fine. Just a data point.

Edit: In retrospect I liked the sharp wadcutter-like holes they put in paper.
    Last edited by ArgentFix; 10-05-2019 at 05:45 PM.

Saw this:

https://www.military.com/daily-news/...consumers.html

Brownell's has them in stock at $130/500. Listed muzzle velocity in the above article is 1320 fps.
    The stuff cited in that military.com article and labeled as M1152 "active duty" in 150 round boxes showed up at our local Academy Sports stores this week, something like $34 for the box of 150, just curious if anybody has shot any of this stuff as sold in that packaging and what your observations were. I picked up a box but it may be a few weeks before I can get out to the range and chrono and see how it groups.

thanks

Tried some of the M1152 I got from Brownell’s in 2 different VP9’s. Shot 1.5” and 2.125” groups at 20 yards off the bench. Didn’t chrono, but they were pretty sporty.
    Last edited by LtDave; 10-23-2019 at 08:41 PM.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    The stuff cited in that military.com article and labeled as M1152 "active duty" in 150 round boxes showed up at our local Academy Sports stores this week, something like $34 for the box of 150, just curious if anybody has shot any of this stuff as sold in that packaging and what your observations were. I picked up a box but it may be a few weeks before I can get out to the range and chrono and see how it groups.

thanks
    Tried some of the M1152 I got from Brownell’s in 2 different VP9’s. Shot 1.5” and 2.125” groups at 20 yards off the bench. Didn’t chrono, but they were pretty sporty.
    Well, great minds think alike. I got a box in from Brownell's yesterday and made it to the range today with my chronograph. Five rounds from my PX4 (4" barrel) averaged 1235 fps with an SD of 7. So it's feistier than the "pretend" version by 60 fps in my gun, about where 115 +P would be (I've never chronoed any, just my guess). POI is the same as 124s for me.

Somebody, maybe SGA, has Independence bulk 115 +P FMJ for $180/k shipped. I don't see this as cost-effective training ammo at the current price. IMO Winchester's 124-grain NATO-spec FMJ is a better choice. This might be a good choice for defensive ammo in NJ where expanding ammo is verboten.
    Last edited by revchuck38; 10-23-2019 at 09:13 PM.

User Tag List