Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: M1152 & M1153 9mm Loads Info

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    It kind of reminded me of the somewhat 'newer' PDX-1 stuff.
    I thought the opening on the point looked narrower. I could definitely be wrong, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    I thought the opening on the point looked narrower. I could definitely be wrong, though.
    For that matter so could I (be wrong). Hard tellin' just eye-ballin' it.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Might be nice if the Army had actually tested it against standard intermediate barriers using a widely accepted protocol...
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Might be nice if the Army had actually tested it against standard intermediate barriers using a widely accepted protocol...
    Although I am sure that procurement probably doesn't work this way, if the Army was looking to save a few bucks by avoiding the T&E process, don't you think that they would have been doing a huge favor for the personnel who ultimately have to rely upon the ammo that they selected by choosing a design that has already been proven such as the HST or the Gold Dot?
    Last edited by the Schwartz; 04-28-2019 at 10:07 PM.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Also no mention of differing POIs with two loads that far apart in bullet weight.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Also no mention of differing POIs with two loads that far apart in bullet weight.

Okie John
    I’m sure the 115gr bullet is specially designed by Winchester to defy physics (sarcasm)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Also no mention of differing POIs with two loads that far apart in bullet weight."

That would have required correctly conducted accuracy and precision testing....
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

"Also no mention of differing POIs with two loads that far apart in bullet weight."

It would also require troops to have a mandate to actually occasionally train with the JHP ammo, which if the Army does anything like us, doesn't exist. In nearly 7 years I can count on zero fingers the number of times we've actually fired our duty JHP rounds. All of our training is either with 124gr NATO ball or 100gr frangible, and our issue ammo for CONUS stuff and force protection is 147gr JHP.

Ah, but what do accuracy, precision, and intermediate barriers have to do with . . . "increased lethality?" After all, not only does the ammunition itself have "increased lethality" but the M17 has "increased lethality" over the M9.

Now old-fashioned mall ninja level 3 trauma surgeons like you have the old fashioned idea that science depends on measurement, that without accurate measurement it isn't scientific, and that repeating a mantra of "increased lethality" when there are no measurements supporting it is simply public-relations babble.

But this is not only the Army, and not only the New Army, but it is the new-improved Army where old-fashioned measurement is no longer needed. "Increased lethality" is measured by public-relations experts, who have found that the average soldier (sorry, I mean, "warrior"--particularly the chairborne type) feels safer if his or her weapons are deemed to have "increased lethality." And so they are.

Doc, you really have to move into current reality, and move beyond this obsession with accurate measurement. What is important is not accurate measurement but in manipulating words so they mean what we want them to mean, not more or less.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post

Okie John
    Given the amount of pistol training the average soldier gets, this is of no consequence as 90% of the rounds are going to go low and left and the other 10% low and right.

But that doesn't matter to anyone involved in this whole waste of tax payer $$$.......
    Last edited by Suvorov; 05-05-2019 at 10:00 PM.

User Tag List