Thread: How the British Army celebrates St George's Day

How the British Army celebrates St George's Day

Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I did a fair bit of work with the British Army in the 90's.

Mainly Battlegroup level armor/armoured inf force on force virtual/constructive simulations. Our biggest exercise involved a BG at both Paderborn barracks in Germany, as well as at Warminster UK. I don't recall exact numbers but we must have have 500+ troops at each site, all communicating through a WAN. The CR2's were exported at T80's, the Warrior IFVs as BMPs. Made for a bit of fun and certainly got their blood running. I met the CG of 1 UK Armored who came through to thank us for the opportunity to train before they deployed to the Gulf.

I used to try and explain the relative size of the British Army to my American visitors by showing them that their entire force could be seated in the Rose Bowl. Kinda hit home; at the time they were around 100K, all in.

Good folks though. The senior NCOs I worked with were solid people and knew their craft. Very professional bunch. I enjoyed it immensely.

User Tag List