Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Wilson EDC X9L

No full size on hand to sample today

Got the 4” back. Last 2 shots of the day... double card split at 7M. It’s promising but I just dont shoot it as well as DA guns
    Last edited by Duke; 04-26-2019 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    Why do you say that?

Use case based around concealed carry versus competition or fun?
    Yes, exactly. I buy guns to carry or collect (1911’s, old revolvers)...If I was more into competition I’d be more interested in the 5” gun.

So, my EDCX9L arrived last week and I finally got a chance to shoot it today. I fired an extractor test with no problem using 124 AE. Then, I fired 40 rounds two-handed with a FTF at rounds 11 and 14. Attempts at strong hand only resulted in FTF every 5th round or so.

Moving on to 147 grain HST and the gun could not cycle a single round...not one fucking round.

This is my 4th Wilson 9mm 1911 - a EDCX9, EDCX9L, CQB Elite, and Colt CCU with $1400 in Wilson tuning. The only one that ran out of the box was the EDCX9.

I’m pissed.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

That’s ridiculous. I’m on my fourth Wilson in a little over 3 years...2 of them had to go back to the factory immediately. Sounds like you have worse luck than I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    So, my EDCX9L arrived last week and I finally got a chance to shoot it today. I fired an extractor test with no problem using 124 AE. Then, I fired 40 rounds two-handed with a FTF at rounds 11 and 14. Attempts at strong hand only resulted in FTF every 5th round or so.

Moving on to 147 grain HST and the gun could not cycle a single round...not one fucking round.

This is my 4th Wilson 9mm 1911 - a EDCX9, EDCX9L, CQB Elite, and Colt CCU with $1400 in Wilson tuning. The only one that ran out of the box was the EDCX9.

I’m pissed.
    As you should be. Even with the understanding that the 1911 is a bit of an enthusiast's gun, that is totally unacceptable.
    Especially considering the price point.
    The only upside is knowing that Wilson Combat will be as unhappy about this as you are, and they will make it right.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Kind of making me glad my only Wilson to date is an EDC X9. Oh, well there's the Beretta but that's not really a Wilson build.

Very disappointing hearing about the X9L.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    That’s ridiculous. I’m on my fourth Wilson in a little over 3 years...2 of them had to go back to the factory immediately. Sounds like you have worse luck than I do.
    Supposedly, Wilson tests fires their guns with several magazines. From what I can tell, none of those mags contain JHP ammunition. My CQB Elite went back twice because JHP ammunition was not used despite me telling them that malfunction rates were dramatically higher with JHPs.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying that every round needs to be a JHP, but not having Speer GD or Federal HST on hand is baffling. If a $2000 defensive gun will not get through 2 mags of either GD or HST, it has no business leaving the factory.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Supposedly, Wilson tests fires their guns with several magazines. From what I can tell, none of those mags contain JHP ammunition. My CQB Elite went back twice because JHP ammunition was not used despite me telling them that malfunction rates were dramatically higher with JHPs.
    My first 9mm Commander went back twice for the same reason. It would not feed HST, Gold Dots, or Critical Duty at all. They got it fixed after the second time sending it in, but I had a hard time trusting it after that.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying that every round needs to be a JHP, but not having Speer GD or Federal HST on hand is baffling. If a $2000 defensive gun will not get through 2 mags of either GD or HST, it has no business leaving the factory.
    I’ve been on their test fire line, they shoot several different manufacturers ball rounds, and their own self defense ammo IIRC.

3 out of my 5 WC 9mms ran 100% out of the box

5” super grade-100%
    EDC X9-100%
    Commander- 100%
    Xtac professional-adjusted extractor tension myself 100% after that
    Compact- had to go back to Wilson to run 100%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List