Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wilson EDC X9L

Gorgeous beast!
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I think the magwell add on can be removed. Admittedly I just skimmed the write up

Bless them for making a non-lightrail version. If someone wanted an improved P35, this would be worth considering.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    I think the magwell add on can be removed. Admittedly I just skimmed the write up
    If that magwell is removable, I’m in.

Ignore Alien Orders

Site Supporter
    Dang that looks good, in a functional way. The looks I am "meh" about.
    Last edited by Robinson; 04-23-2019 at 11:41 AM.

Very interested to see if the grip area on this pistol is indeed slightly larger with the "high swept" beaver tail being any different that the EDC X9. As much as I love my EDC X9 it is no longer my daily carry because drawing the pistol at speed, I have not been able to avoid gripping so high that my admittedly substantial meathook does not regularly ride up the top of the beaver tail and foul my grip (just like with a Glock). I have tried to train around it and even with the large backstrap it is just a little too small.

A 5" version with a little more real estate in the grip area or a slightly improved beaver tail would be my ideal carry gun.

@WilsonCombatRep
    Last edited by Mobettadefense; 04-23-2019 at 12:05 PM. Reason: edit to add @wilsoncombatrep
    Instagram @JuryTrialJedi

Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    If that magwell is removable, I’m in.
    It's optional. A dealer on 1911forum says Wilson is coming out with 18rd mags soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobettadefense View Post
    Very interested to see if the grip area on this pistol is indeed slightly larger with the "high swept" beaver tail being any different that the EDC X9. As much as I love my EDC X9 it is no longer my daily carry because drawing the pistol at speed, I have not been able to avoid gripping so high that my admittedly substantial meathook does not regularly ride up the top of the beaver tail and foul my grip (just like with a Glock). I have tried to train around it and even with the large backstrap it is just a little too small.

A 5" version with a little more real estate in the grip area or a slightly improved beaver tail would be my ideal carry gun.

@WilsonCombatRep
    Somehow, the front sight of my X9 finds the notch in the rear sight faster than any pistol I've ever tried. Even my favorite 1911 wont index as perfect as the X9. You probably just need to get a full size single stack with the full-size beavertail.

User Tag List