Thread: Indiana State Police

Indiana State Police

Indiana State Police Adds SIG SAUER P365 as their Back-Up Duty Firearm. It seems that they must be satisfied with the current reliability.

http://soldiersystems.net/2019/04/22...edium=facebook

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray01 View Post
    Indiana State Police Adds SIG SAUER P365 as their Back-Up Duty Firearm. It seems that they must be satisfied with the current reliability.

http://soldiersystems.net/2019/04/22...edium=facebook
    It was also approved as personally owned optional BUG /Off Duty gun for US ICE.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    It was also approved as personally owned optional BUG /Off Duty gun for US ICE.
    I hope that this level/frequency of utilization on an "industrial" level will yield additional insight into the maturity of the system.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray01 View Post
    I hope that this level/frequency of utilization on an "industrial" level will yield additional insight into the maturity of the system.
    So far so good. They are proving popular.

Site Supporter
    Why do I suspect that every command official and detective in ISP will soon be carrying the 365 as a primary?

Of course, who am I to talk? My former agency issues the G-17, but gives Street Crimes the G-19. The Chief is issued the department's one G-26, but he is designed for comfort rather than crime-fighting.

I've been perfectly happy with my P365. Were I back in the game I'd be carrying it off duty for sure (if approved) and on if they'd let me... LOL

It became an authorized BUG for us, effective April 9th. Received my IOP April 17th. I've run 200 rounds through mine so far. Just need to run our duty load through it and get some paperwork done. Looks like my Kahr P9 Covert will be replaced.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Site Supporter
    Had S&W inspected the batch of pistols sent to the Texas DPS and not shipped duds, then our troopers would be carrying this brand now--probably. Perhaps Sig observed this fiasco and has added an additional tier of inspection for l.e. and military weapons. Quality control would also extend to verifying standards maintained by parts vendors. A certain degree of integrity must be maintained for this program to succeed over time.???

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Perhaps Sig observed this fiasco and has added an additional tier of inspection for l.e. and military weapons. Quality control would also extend to verifying standards maintained by parts vendors. A certain degree of integrity must be maintained for this program to succeed over time.???
    I can tell you conclusively, with 100 percent certainty, that Sig does NOT have separate QC or parts supply for LE guns from commercial guns. The only extra testing or QC steps they perform are those SPECIFICALLY mandated by contract.

So, unless ISP has added mandatory extra QC/testing for these pistols, they'll be exactly the same as those available on the LGS shelf.

Site Supporter
    What would be an example of a purchaser who mandates further inspection?

User Tag List